ps2 modding in belfast

kingeric

Inactive User
Reaction score
anyone know where to get a ps2 modded in belfast please help also i was looking at the memor 32 way of playing backups is this any good thanks

I would also recommend the memor32 for the ps2 m8 as it works with all versions fat or slim.

The capabilities are endless and not only does it let you play backups you can boot divx or mp3's via a mediaplayer.

There are a lot of software available in .elf format which is bootable via the memor32
e.g hd loader, usb advance, sms media player, action replay.....

This piece of kit enables the fastest and cleanest way to mod your ps2 without voiding your warranty and not only that when you visit a friend you can just take your games and the memor32 and just insert it in the memory card slot to play your backups making it a portable mod-chip.

How good is that?

I purchased mine from modchipfitters.com for £33 delivered.

Hope this info has helped.

Has there been any update that enable games to be played from usb hdd

there aint an official firmware update, and by the looks of it, they have stopped there updates. but you can get an hdloader elf file that allows you to play games from the harddrive

Any tuts about that explians in detail how this is done.

Thanks.

Any tuts about that explians in detail how this is done.

Thanks.

1st of all you are required to flash you memor32 with the firmware created by thewww.mementoteam.com
this is done with a usb A to usb mini cable, You need to install thedrivers and they all should be unrarred into the same folder. The driver software will only work when you see a red icon for the program and not different folder icons. You then can choose from version 1.1 or 1.2e of the firmware.When you hhave connected the memor32 for flashing and pressed the button to start the process a pop up will appear with programming and after a few minutes it should be done.
Just connect it to your PS2 and browse the memory card and there should be new items with the memento team logo and the eec flag (presuming). Now you are ready to burn your games. For this process you can use either dvd decrypter or img burn. I have not tried a cd format ps2 game yet and therefore cannot comment on it, these are the ps2 disc's with the blue bottom. Ok you choose your game and insert it into the dvd burner and fire up img burn, then go to iso then press read and it will burn the game onto your hdd.
Now before you burn it back onto a disc you need to patch it inorder for the memento firmware to boot it.
You need to use the patcher which is on the mementoteam website. Now when you have loaded up the software click on patch iso and then on your image which you have burned with img burn or dvd decrypter, this only takes a second. Now you are ready to burn your game to disc. I have used Philips/Memorex and Verbatim all (-)minus format with no problems. When you have inserted your blank disc, fire up img burn or dvd decrypter and browse to the image file and write to disc at the slowest speed available. This should take about 10 mins. Now when this process is done, comes the finale of playing your burned disc.

Insert you memor32 in the memory card slot 1 and followed by your disc. Now close your tray and press reset followed by power on and fingers crossed you should see the memento logo and then your game should load as normal. There it should all work, If not reply back with what errors you get and I will try to sort it.

Hope this helps.

Mo

Has there been any update that enable games to be played from usb hdd

Usb extreme or hd advance is available in .elf format and these types of files are bootable via the memor32 as there was a 1.3 firmware in the pipeline from the mementoteam which would've included the hdd or usb hdd hack to boot ps2 games from them.

Not sure if I’ve got this right, just check please.
I have the momento firmware on the card, I now want to transfer My games to usb hdd (because laser in ps2 is fecked) I get the iso fire up imageburn read it and save to usb hdd I then patch it with the patch from momento web site.
As I want to then run the game from the usb hdd drive what is the next process?
How should I format the usb hdd brfore I start this process and how the do I get games to run once I plug the hdd in?

Thanks.

I was hoping the long awaited firmware release from the momento would be here by now though looks like its never coming.

When you burn games on to the usb hdd you dont need to patch it.
Go to this website and download a file called usb advance or usb extreme and the utility file which enables the games to be transferred to hdd.
The hdd needs to be formatted to fat ot fat32.

Get the games on to hdd and the usb extreme file on usb memory stick, make sure its an .elf file as this can booted by the memor32 firmware.

You can also get hdloader .elf file from that site and to run that you need the 1.2e firmware on the memor32.

http://jnabk.selfip.com

Last edited:
from what i understand it is very pointless trying to run ps2 games from usb hard drive as the usb ports on the ps2 are too slow. im talking about the old fat ps2, it maybe different for the slim, it might have usb 2.0

Back