ps2 hack tut ?

Captin

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a thought.

if you have a slim PS2 with the opening dvd door you don't have to go to the expense of a chip.

I have one which I fitted a new door on (cost £14) which has a secondary flap which can be opened without the main door being opened, this way you can use the old swap majic disks to play games. I used to have around 300 games downloaded and written and which all worked using the swap discs. But, unlike what the manufacturers of blanks tell you, written discs DO NOT last and 90% of the games had reading problems last time I got the PS2 out of the box 6 months ago.

ManofScience

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I read somewhere DVD-/+R's were only guaranteed for 10 years or something? People use burning DVD's for long-term data backup :S

polosolo

Reaction score
I have a noob friendly Mcboot package on one of my old HD if anyone wants it. Basically it softmods the ps2 slims memory card .
If I am allowed to post it in this thread via .rar file then I will ...if anyone wants it.

Best Regards

polosolo

EVILMRB

Inactive User
Reaction score
Is it only the slim that can be soft modded because I have still got six phat machines laying about that still work but haven`t got the patience to chip them anymore

sneaker

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind this mcboot thing Myself if anybody has it. Or @polosolo probably a long shot :)

Last edited by a moderator:

spud1966

Staff member
Reaction score
check it out

Last edited by a moderator:
TEST