PS Jailbreak - The first PS3 Modchip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeagt

Inactive User
Reaction score
Got this from GBAtemp. I'm not sure if its true or not.

PS Jailbreak is a USB plug and play solution that installs in seconds, keeping your valid warranty seal in tact.

Easy to use installer and GUI takes you step by step.

Compatible with all production models FAT and SLIM. Supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA

PS Jailbreak disables forced software updates and will never brick your console.

Supports all games (it does not allow backups of bluray movies , dvd movies , or past consoles games)

Backup games to your internal hard drive or external hard drive through USB, and boot directly off GUI. Eliminating the need for expensive blueray burners and costly blank media.

Play backups off your hard drives 2x as fast as off the blueray drive. This eliminates lags and glitches to provide you with smoother game play.

Open up your console to a new generation of homebrew applications. Load homebrew apps/games off any USB hard drive/flash drive.

Fully updatable with new features/updates by connecting PS Jailbreak to any computers USB port.

Source: PSX-Scene (with screens)

:Clap::banana::grab:
This is the real deal guys its been confirmed by well respected guys in the scene. There is a vid on youtube showing it working al see if i can find it agian.
Happy days are coming guys,only thing is its $170 to buy but they are hoping to clone the usb dongle or get the files from it and release to the public.

heres the vid
YouTube - OzModChips.com tests Worlds First Ps3 Modchip (PSjailbreak)

:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:

people are shouting fake but the same guy has released another vid just minutes ago showing it for real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_164879&v=8IDaGne0u-4&feature=iv

i think its real! i mean all its doin is backin up a disk n playin it from HDD! its not like its playing copy disks!

i mean wen u get a demo from the PSstore ur playin it from the HDD so its just same thing!

i think its real! i mean all its doin is backin up a disk n playin it from HDD! its not like its playing copy disks!

i mean wen u get a demo from the PSstore ur playin it from the HDD so its just same thing!

It's a bit more complicated than that, otherwise we'd all be playing backups from our Harddrives.

I hope it's real. :)

Fecking expensive compared to how much it cos,ts to mod the 360 even with a connectivity kit.

Looks to me that all this does is allow you to backup original games to the hdd whats the point in that?

Looks to me that all this does is allow you to backup original games to the hdd whats the point in that?

The PS3 backups up every game to the HD anyway, but you meed the disc in the drive to play it.

Normally I'd be calling this bullshit, but the video is from Ozmods, they are well respected and I really can't imagine them announcing this if it wasn't real.

The PS3 backups up every game to the HD anyway, but you meed the disc in the drive to play it.

Normally I'd be calling this bullshit, but the video is from Ozmods, they are well respected and I really can't imagine them announcing this if it wasn't real.

So you could rent one and back it up then?

Could you download a blugay game and put that on though thats the big question i guess.

I'm sure all will be revealed in time.

Think of the Homebrew Potential as well. The PS3 is a powerful machine

So you could rent one and back it up then?

Could you download a blugay game and put that on though thats the big question i guess.
that would be the full idea like, ren or lend games off friends and copy them to hard drive, i hope this is real, if it was £200 it would still be worth its money!

There is a lot of talk about this being fake.

If you look at this snapshot of the video you can clearly see "install package files". This means that the PS3 he's using is a debug console, this option is not available on retail PS3's. It's would be far easier to get a debug console to run software or games than any retail PS3.

On Wednesday 18th August 2010, @Mathieulh said:
psjailbreak's so called "Backup Manager" (which is pretty much the only thing available to download on their website) is a debug package including a regular fself compiled with the (massively privately leaked) 1.92 sdk, The package itself is generated with Sony's official sdk tool (make_package_npdrm revision 1203 probably from that very same sdk) that makes it illegal to share because I am quite sure psjailbreak staff doesn't have the appropriate license to be using the official Playstation 3 SDK and its tools. The binary itself seems to use the usual sce apis when it comes to the gui or copying files over. It does run on a debug console and displays a "nicely" done GUI that lets you "backup" your game to the external or usb hdd and "run" them later on. Needless to say the backups wont "run" as their "backup manager" is just a regular fself running with game privileges and doesn't make use of any exploits that I can think of. Needless to say that if their so called usb dongle is real (which I doubt) it does extensive use of leaked sony's software and keys/certificates.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/37e92k

The name may not sound familiar, but it’s legendary none the same. Mathieu Hervais or Math has been around the gaming scene for quite sometime and worked closely with Dark_Alex of PSP fame and more recently with GeoHot.

http://www.sonyinsider.com/2010/04/19/mathieu-hervais-talks-ps3-hacking/

Video:
YouTube - OzModChips.com tests Worlds First Ps3 Modchip (PSjailbreak)

Snapshot.
snapshot20100819142744.jpg

Last edited:
whats the deal with that installed packages thing then, why has that 1 got it and our hasnt,is it just a brand new system or something, i dont quite get it!

whats the deal with that installed packages thing then, why has that 1 got it and our hasnt,is it just a brand new system or something, i dont quite get it!

That's a Dev machine mate, the type of machine that is sent out to games developers etc, normal machines don't have those options.

But....could the dongle have added those options, is that part of the hack?

i.e, they enable Dev Mode via the dongle then build from there?

That's a Dev machine mate, the type of machine that is sent out to games developers etc, normal machines don't have those options.

But....could the dongle have added those options, is that part of the hack?

i.e, they enable Dev Mode via the dongle then build from there?
arrrrrrrr a get ya, cheers witchy, lets hope the hack does have them options otherwise at the minute its not much good to anyone, but at least there finally getting somewhere near!

all good news in my eyes!

that is a Dev machine them options come as standard so can install package files to test on

As far as I can find out it's only the Dev machines have those options on, the USB dongle didnt install them or enable them.

Also the USB dongle is using stolen code from Sony, so I can't see this dongle every getting into production even if it could do what it claims to do. Sony would shut it down in a flash.

until they prove it works on something other than a debug console i wouldnt get too excited. Even if it does, theres every chance a forced firmware update would send it to its early grave anyway depending on how the exploit works.

also captin makes a good point with the stolen code mention.

How many years did it take Sony to get a court injunction against manufacturers of modchips etc?

If it's real, they will be built and sold, regardless of copyrighted code or not.

hmmmm what can i say at the moment, just wait and see if it turns out to be fake than u gonna wait a little longer and if it turns out to be for real than its time to jump over the moon lol cos its our time now

ive always had chipped consoles with the exception of the ps3, but i feel i stick to one game more and get my moneys worth, if it gets hacked i will do it bit will only play each game for a few hours and loose interest. but fifa 11 and COD are out soom and would cost not far off the dongle so it does make sense. GT5 may end up being a failure due to 4 years of development and then no one buying it just downloading it that would be quite funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back