Provider Kabel Deutschland

Alien Heads

Inactive User
Reaction score
For some reason the box in the bedroom now comes up with "Kabel Deutschland" in the provider section & can't be changed which is stops the box from running a scan.

Can anyone tell me how to fix it without having to reflash the box. I've tried reading a few of the threads already on here but i'm not too clear on what files i need to upload to the box to make it scan properly.

For some reason the box in the bedroom now comes up with "Kabel Deutschland" in the provider section & can't be changed which is stops the box from running a scan.

Can anyone tell me how to fix it without having to reflash the box. I've tried reading a few of the threads already on here but i'm not too clear on what files i need to upload to the box to make it scan properly.
Flash it again here's a guide.
http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/index.php?resources/213/

Last edited by a moderator:
Write a Kabel Deutschland section to a cables.xml as place holder, upload that file to the box and reboot.
I don't know why nobody from the modders came to that idea.
If the scan.conf get lost default is Kabel Deutschland and without that name in the cables.xml a selection is nomore possible.

@renwich
Commando team changed the default provider but thats the same braindead thing like the password.
The whole word is using other values.
A cables.xml with the name Kabel Deutschland as place holder would be the simplest solution.

and if that dosnt work extract this and copy it to /var/tuxbox/config

but this time dont re-boot the box pull the power then power it back up

i dont think its drastic as you may get the odd 1 or 2 having these probs but not the rest

it does take a little reading and learning about the box and images to understand more and what to do

sometimes its best to read and do rather than post a problem and expect an answer

by reading and learning you will find the answer in this place

i do notice a little more on here some questions building up on so many things that was covered so many times over and over again

we need to guide members to other posts and tell them to look in the future rather then just saying the same old thing over and over again

im not digging at the thread starter but at posts and threads in general

sorry but this is a bit simple to sort out

in the guides section there is a little piece there that goes through it as well

cheers

i dont think its drastic as you may get the odd 1 or 2 having these probs but not the rest

it does take a little reading and learning about the box and images to understand more and what to do

sometimes its best to read and do rather than post a problem and expect an answer

by reading and learning you will find the answer in this place

i do notice a little more on here some questions building up on so many things that was covered so many times over and over again

we need to guide members to other posts and tell them to look in the future rather then just saying the same old thing over and over again

im not digging at the thread starter but at posts and threads in general

sorry but this is a bit simple to sort out

in the guides section there is a little piece there that goes through it as well

cheers
Thanks for the advice but did you bother to read my first post, i had already read umpteen posts regarding this problem & none of them worked, otherwise i'd have never started the thread in the first place.

I'm not stupid & i do know how to use the search option, so get down off your high horse for a minute & try showing me something i've not already read that will sort the problem out.

Thanks to renwich & mgb for bothering to help me out, i'll try the files you've posted there renwich & see if they work :eater:

Thanks for the advice but did you bother to read my first post, i had already read umpteen posts regarding this problem & none of them worked, otherwise i'd have never started the thread in the first place.

I'm not stupid & i do know how to use the search option, so get down off your high horse for a minute & try showing me something i've not already read that will sort the problem out.

Thanks to renwich & mgb for bothering to help me out, i'll try the files you've posted there renwich & see if they work :eater:

ok then so as i said and i quote

"im not digging at the thread starter but at posts and threads in general"

but if you say you done so many searches and read so much about it then i am sorry for doing a search and finding so much information here

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/search.php?searchid=720700

and found so many people in the past stuck on Kabel Deutschland as this is set to default from germany

also if you look there you will find so many posts and help there

so i know your not stupid and i know you use the search but your missing something though aint you

as i said my statement was not directed right at you but at posts like these in general

need you say more
or need me to find more for you or any other person!

cheers

So you read umpteen posts regarding how to fix the problem and none worked
and god knows how many hours later you are still in the same situation.
Well if you would have done what i suggested in the first reply to this thread you
would would have had your box up and running again within 15 minutes.

Then there would have been no need to come back with a sarcastic reply to a
long standing respected member such as yido who was only trying to help.
So read this
http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=832564&postcount=2

Last edited:
Sarcastic? I was replying staing what i'd already done, he assumed wrongly that i hadn't already used search or even tried any of the solutions in the threads i found, fact was i had already used search & I had already tried the solutions, none of them worked.

I also asked in my first post in this thread if there was a solution without having to reflash the box, if it was a case of just reflashing i could have done that & not bothered asking in the first place.

Also the fact i'm still stuck with the problem is down to the fact that until this afternoon i hadn't seen any replies to the post so i hadn't continued to try & fix the problem.

The box is actually running fine it's just the scan that doesn't work.

There was no intention on upsetting anyone, if i did i apologise, all i did was ask a simple question, then when people tried helping, others started making sarcastic comments, then when some of the sarcasm is returned they obviously don't like it.

I was replying stating what i'd already done, he assumed wrongly that i hadn't already used search or even tried any of the solutions in the threads i found, fact was i had already used search & I had already tried the solutions, none of them worked.

Also the fact i'm still stuck with the problem is down to the fact that until this afternoon i hadn't seen any replies to the post so i hadn't continued to try & fix the problem.

The box is actually running fine it's just the scan that doesn't work.
So if you have tried all the solutions which you say you found using the search or
what yido linked to.
Ie changed the scan.conf and cables file etc unpluged then rebooted and none worked.
The only solution is to flash it again as something as become corrupt.

The problem is the most uk modders are not able to set a simple symbolic link and the cables.xml in use is located in /share/tuxbox and not /var/tuxbox/config .

im not looking to fall out with anyone here we need to all get on but this has been talked about a fair few times in the past thats all

done some modifications for you

try this cables.xml overwrite yours and either restart neutrino or restart the box

now on service provider kabel deutschland you can do your scan as this has been modified for the whole of the uk in one now m8

and it works as its been tested on my box and my old dads box and all works

i just hope this sorts the prob out for you if it dont then it is going to need a reflash

ps it will take a while to do the scan though

cheers

Last edited:
Back