protecting pics on a web site

STOP THE PRESS... I found it, just got to install frontpage so I can load this old site up and extract it for ya ;)

</html>
<script language="JavaScript">

<!--
function mouseDown(e) {
if (parseInt(navigator.appVersion)>3) {
var clickType=1;
if (navigator.appName=="Netscape") clickType=e.which;
else clickType=event.button;
if (clickType!=1) {
alert("Copyright (c) 2001 Dutcho !\nAll HTML code and images contained within are the intellectual property of me. Do not attempt to steal or copy them.");
}
}
return true;
}
if (parseInt(navigator.appVersion)>3) {
document.onmousedown = mouseDown;
if (navigator.appName=="Netscape")
document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);
}
//-->

</script>

Last edited:
sorry m8 its hard to stop anyone taking pics from your site , most would view source then look at the name of the pic , next they would do a search in their internet cache for the pic lets say that the pic was called john.jpg on your page then it would take the form of john.[23].jpg or something similair in the cache from there they can copy and paste , there are a few java applets about that can stop most , but not the peeps that know how to search the cache

all i do when i need to steal a pic, is just press print screen, go into paint etc and paste

then all is urs :)

Or save the webpage to hard drive then it downloads all the pics anyway into a nice little folder. I don't think it's possible to stop people ripping pics off website.

its true its nearly useless tot ry and stop people stealing your images....

but if its the stealing you dont want then just watermark the images so people know its yours this way you get advertising aswell

Regards
Mickie D

Back