Programmer duff?

gerner

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've just bought a cheap violet phoenix programmer, it didn't come with any software though and I can't get it working so far.

So far, no prgaramming software I have tried has recognised it. Multiprog is about the best so far. They do a test program which confirms there is loopback on COM1, makes an LED glow green in the programmer, but then reports no programmer was detected.

Any ideas which software will recognise this or if this is a dodgy unit?

Hi mate.

I bought on of these programmers too. It does work but it is a bit strange. It reads ROM10/11 cards no probs. If you fire up Nagra 4.1 and chuck a Rom 10/11 card in it (with Nagra set to 3.68MHz) and try resetting the card (even if its locked). If it returns info, the programmer is working.

Remember to use a straight-thru cable (a basic serial extension cable) not a null modem cable.

I am having problems with the programmer too. I am trying to program some funcards without any luck. I its more down too finding phoenix software that functions the programmer at 3.68MHz.

In saying that, I cant get any of my funcards to read at all in either my Apollo or my Phoenix. I bought one of the cards from a dood on ebay and two from Jabsplace and none of them are into playing the game. They all return the same same error. Its unlikely a random card from some dood on ebay and to brand new card from Jabs are all not working. Bizarre.

If you do have any joy with the programmer please let me know. These funcards are doing my nut in.

I chucked the towel in on this one and got an infinity usb instead. Just giving it a go for the first time now :)

I chucked the towel in on this one and got an infinity usb instead. Just giving it a go for the first time now :)

Yeah I was highly considering doing the same myself. Its a bit much pennies to shell out though considering I just ordered a glitcher. :(

I've just been messing around with XNCS on some rom10 cards with this Violet Phoenix and it seems to be running fine. I still dont know whats up with these Funcards and I dont want to send them back incase it is my programmer (I'll look like a right plumb lol).

I should've got the infinity in the first place rather than going with the cheaper option. Can I ask where you bought your infinity from?

Cheers

I got mine off the cheapest guy from fleabay, DVB24 i think it was, arrived quick with no problems and I got a tracking number a couple of hours after i made my order.

Back