Probs running niagra edit.bin suggested running in background

Blackpudding

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi my first visit to the PC part of digi world and do hope this is not a contencious question if so please MODS DELETEand accept my appologies as I dont know what else to do, so , my prob is trying to run niagra edit and having probs progging mosc. It has been suggested that something may be running in the background that is slowing niagra up thus causing my headache, as I am not a comp buff in the slightest, does anyone have any suggestions as to which progs I should/can exit/close that may cause this problem and how to find them and the means to close them temporary. am using lappy with XP. thakyou..

have a look at task manager and see what is running

right click task bar choose task manager click on apps this should show u what apps are running. u can look at performance this will give u rough idea how busy processor is.

next start\run in box type msconfig when box opens click on startup tab, this will show u all items that are run when u boot system. most u will recognise from apps u have installed, u can untick all the boxes and try a reboot to see if anything is causing your problem, retick and reboot to try and find what is causing your problem

Thanks

hatab said:
have a look at task manager and see what is running

right click task bar choose task manager click on apps this should show u what apps are running. u can look at performance this will give u rough idea how busy processor is.

next start\run in box type msconfig when box opens click on startup tab, this will show u all items that are run when u boot system. most u will recognise from apps u have installed, u can untick all the boxes and try a reboot to see if anything is causing your problem, retick and reboot to try and find what is causing your problem
Many thanks for your reply, will follow your instructions and see if it cures the prob...Cheers and thanks..

you may get more replies in the cable section if its a cable mosc m8. cable techies dont always venture out this far...

Back