Problems recording Direct to File

csX

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi!

Having a few problems recording direct to file with Gav's NexGen image...(Sagem 2x avia 600) wonder if someone can shed some light please :)

Have setup the CIFS mount, and set Recording Direct to File as per the usual tutorial.

Can view TV fine, no problems at all. Can stream as server to my PC, no problems at all. However, when recording "Direct to File"...

When recording, the screen goes black. When I stop recording, it says recording successfully completed, and TV picture comes back again. It writes the file out to my share (and is correct size for amnt of time its recorded).

If I try and play that file back in movie viewer, its black, just like it was when it recorded.

Ive tried changing ucode to 0014 and rebooted, but if I go back to Ucode information, it still says its 001A. Have replaced the mmops file, not sure if its anything to do with it, but I can't turn off the Nokia Avia 500 driver. (Gives bitte warten but doesn't do anything). Can't change the other option in Hardware settings either for Sagems, it just stays on Off. (not sure if that's related or not).

Any suggestions please? Thank you!!!

Hi, if you have set "Playback" during recording to OFF then the screen on the TV will always be black as it turns off the actual TV picture...

Try recording a FTA channel and see if that works; and if it does then you know that it s likely to be a problem with the uCode. You can change the uCode manually via FTP by renaming ucode.bin to ucode_001a.bin and ucode_0014.bin to ucode.bin

Liam

csX said:
Ive tried changing ucode to 0014 and rebooted, but if I go back to Ucode information, it still says its 001A. Have replaced the mmops file, not sure if its anything to do with it, but I can't turn off the Nokia Avia 500 driver. (Gives bitte warten but doesn't do anything). Can't change the other option in Hardware settings either for Sagems, it just stays on Off. (not sure if that's related or not).

Any suggestions please? Thank you!!!
There is also a shellexec.conf file that needs replacing before you can change drivers and ucodes. This will sort the problem. It should be in the feedback thread somewhere, along with instructions where to put it.

Im having same problems, I am able to record a black screen and playback a black screen.

I have changed to the Avia 600, but I can not change the Ucode??

liamcrayden said:
Hi, if you have set "Playback" during recording to OFF then the screen on the TV will always be black as it turns off the actual TV picture...

Try recording a FTA channel and see if that works; and if it does then you know that it s likely to be a problem with the uCode. You can change the uCode manually via FTP by renaming ucode.bin to ucode_001a.bin and ucode_0014.bin to ucode.bin

Liam

Thanks guys - I actually put Gav's sportster back on and it worked on FTA first time, not on crypted chans tho. Changing ucode though - I have a folder shortcut called ucode.bin and two files called ucode_001a.bin and ucode_0014.bin (see attachment) - do I delete the folder shortcut and rename ucode_0014.bin to ucode.bin?

Back