problems connecting dbox to pc

harveybham

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey ppl everyone ok? iv had my dbox for about 3-4 months and im reading posts from people saying that their image has stopped working, if that happened to me i would be lost so i want to be ready for that. anyway i read the guides on how to connect the pc to dbox and it seems straight forward the only problem is my network card. i read on the guide that i should

" ,go to advanced tab,on the drop down menu under value it will probably say automode use the dropdown menu and change to 10 full mode then ok"

but i have checked on my network card and i do not see the under value tab, i mean it may be different with my card but i do not see it, i have inserted a screenshot of the settings of my card with a drop down menu which i think is the one i need but i am not to sure.

thank you

10BaseT full dublex is what you want ..
and get a cross over cable network if you dont have a swtich.

what a fast reply lolz cheerz mate for the help yeh i'll use a cross over cable, i have a cable in my room but im not sure if its the right one. it says on the wire "cat 5 patch cable to tia/eia 568A LL84201 CSA TYPE" is it the right one?

no i think thats just a normal net work cable ..

A cross over cable will have the orange core swapped on it...ie hold up the cable you have and put the two connector ends next to each other, both facing the same way. If you have a crossover, you will notice that the orange coloured wire is a mirror image in terms of its position in the RJ45 plug. If it is in the same place then you have a straight through cable (i.e a normal one)
Hope that helps

yeh there both in the same place cheers lads for your help any idea where to buy a cheap one from? maplins, ebuyer?

maplins pcworld .. any where realy most pc shops will have it .. cost a few quid .. just ask for "cross over network cable" and double check it is cross over ..

Also on eBay, for as little as 59p, usually for 99p plus 25p postage.

Back