problems - belkin wireless G router

blackj90

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys,

having major problems with the above router,

just purchased it yesterday from argos.

problem im having is the basically the wireless part of the router lol,

i am able to connect to internet through the router when connected via ethernet, but unable to connect to wireless.

i have updated the firmware for the router but still no joy.

my wireless light wont even go on, i have looked through the settings on the 192.168.2.1 page and have made sure that wireless is enabled and that ssid broadcast etc is on but to no avail.

can anyone help me out with this problem or even point me in the right direction,

i have spent several hours on the problem scouring high and low on google and dont know what to do now, head is pretty fried to be honest lol.

any help would be much appreciated guys,

Regards.

I guess there is only one thing to check here - do you have MAC filtering enabled?

I also would assume that a factory reset could help, if you have all your settings to put back in it.

thanks for the reply Kary.

as i said any help is greatly appreciated. this thing has been nagging me for hours and ill not be able to settle untill its fixed lol.

mac address filtering wasnt enabled so i enabled it and added the mac of my network card and my wireless card and with

i have also reset the router via the routers internal webpage and the button on the back,

however these steps didnt resolve the problem :-(

have you any further suggestions please?

many thanks !!

Hmm, the interface is defintely enabled? If the light on the front is on, then I suspect that there may be a problem with the hardware itself.

I would disable MAC filtering for now, it could be a hinderence in getting this sorted out.

Is this a new router?

Hi Kary

I was ascared ith would be a hardware problem - after spending so may hours scouring for possible solutions i have came across nothing but bad reviews for this product :( guess i should have checked reviews before buying lol.

but to answer your question yes this router is new, only bought it yesterday. ( have now disabled mac address filtering)

Kindest regards, J!

Last edited:
in addition to above i have also re-installed the router via belkins easy install wizard (yeah right).

i still have internet through ethernet but still no wireless, o yea took maybe 3 mins after the install for the wireless light to come on on the modem, but i was able to go online straight after the install using the ethernet cable.

any further thoughts please?

kindest regards, J!

nope Kary,

SSID Broadcast is enabled and have Wireless enabled through routers settings page.

This is really startin to do my head in lol, think ill be taking a trip bk to argos on monday to get a refund if i dont get it sorted tonight lol

i was thinking it could be wireless card in my lappy, but it picks the neighbours wireless up when i walk halfway down the street lol

any further thoughts?

many thanks Kary.

Last edited:
How about updating or reinstalling your PC wireless drivers?
Do you have any other wireless devices to test with? A mate with a wifi mobile maybe?

nope Kary,

SSID Broadcast is enabled and have Wireless enabled through routers settings page.

This is really startin to do my head in lol, think ill be taking a trip bk to argos on monday to get a refund if i dont get it sorted tonight lol

i was thinking it could be wireless card in my lappy, but it picks the neighbours wireless up when i walk halfway down the street lol

any further thoughts?

many thanks Kary.
take it back, I had a belkin wireless router a few years ago that did something similar.

If it is brand new, then you have nothing to loose.

I have found Belkin Routers VERY iffy!

I would recommend either a Netgear, DLink or Speedtouch.

I have a Netgear and its a doddle to setup:)

Sorted!!

:banana:

got it sorted, thanks for all the help.

dont ask me what i done because i dont know lol,

jus disconnected everything then connected all back together last night and hey presto was working.

thanks for all the help guys,

Its greatly appreciated!!!

:banana:

got it sorted, thanks for all the help.

dont ask me what i done because i dont know lol,

jus disconnected everything then connected all back together last night and hey presto was working.

thanks for all the help guys,

Its greatly appreciated!!!

Its amazing what can be achieved by unplugging and reconnecting the power with anything electrical.

Simply because most installations require a Shutdown & Restart to complete the installation.

Its amazing what can be achieved by unplugging and reconnecting the power with anything electrical.

Simply because most installations require a Shutdown & Restart to complete the installation.

Yeah! I Agree!!

considering i had unpluged and repluged and uninstalled and reinstalled, and shutdown and restarted pc may i add, on several different occasions

Quite AMAZING, I agree!!

I agree. Take it back and either get your money back or buy a netgear router.

It my experience b*lkin products are bobbins

hi there.. glad ya got it sorted.. i had a belkin and for the 1st month it was fine.... then for some reason it would just reset itself.. no good for online gaming...ended up trashin it and getting an EDIMAX br-6204wg and its been spot on.... :banana:

Back