problems after scan

madnlooney

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys i got my sagem dbox and a friend put the uk cable files and tested it on his ntl cable and it worked fine, (dont think its a new version on sportster)

ive tried it on TW and after i did the full scan including changing the uk cable number it picked up the channels on the scan but when its finished i go back to the main screen and i get an error with channel not avalible and under the channel name in the blue bar it has waiting for epg. ive been reading through the forum and not to sure if i need to get updated epg's.
Will i need to put a new version of sportster on the dbox? sorry for all the questions im all new to this
Cheers
Dan

Try reflashing with a newer image. Sometimes you can get blank screens when you have certain UCODES enabled on some images but you will more than likely cure your problem by flashing a newer image. Make sure you get an image that matches how many chips you have in your box. (1x or 2x)

madnlooney said:
hi guys i got my sagem dbox and a friend put the uk cable files and tested it on his ntl cable and it worked fine, (dont think its a new version on sportster)

ive tried it on TW and after i did the full scan including changing the uk cable number it picked up the channels on the scan but when its finished i go back to the main screen and i get an error with channel not avalible and under the channel name in the blue bar it has waiting for epg. ive been reading through the forum and not to sure if i need to get updated epg's.
Will i need to put a new version of sportster on the dbox? sorry for all the questions im all new to this
Cheers
Dan

hi m8 and welcome to the community m8

best thing to do first have a look around as there is many tuts that you need to learn about and you need to learn how to reflash a modern image that will give you a good scan

ok try and do another scan and turn off fast scan and see if that helps as you may get a better scan this way

but i would study about how to flash images and get the correct cables that you need m8 and software

welcome to the fun dbox m8 as its all fun and games you will teach yourself and make many mistakes along the way same as all of us m8

cheers

yeah i tried the scan again but still same thing happened even with fast scan off. it picked up the channels in the scan but once it finished got the same error and waiting message.
so i have just been scanning through the newbie tut and opened the box to see the version/chipset. its a sagem with 2 amd chips next to each other. ive just got the sportster pro 1.02 2x img & service file but there are 2 for my area. im guessing any one will do or sticking both on the box. need to get a crossover cable in the morning as ive lost my old one. ill carry on reading now to see how to flash the dbox and hopefully it will work.

just took this to make sure im right about it being a 2x incase im wrong
04122005.jpg

Last edited:
madnlooney said:
yeah i tried the scan again but still same thing happened even with fast scan off. it picked up the channels in the scan but once it finished got the same error and waiting message.
so i have just been scanning through the newbie tut and opened the box to see the version/chipset. its a sagem with 2 amd chips next to each other. ive just got the sportster pro 1.02 2x img & service file but there are 2 for my area. im guessing any one will do or sticking both on the box. need to get a crossover cable in the morning as ive lost my old one. ill carry on reading now to see how to flash the dbox and hopefully it will work.

just took this to make sure im right about it being a 2x incase im wrong
04122005.jpg

hi m8 to make sure you get 100 percent scanning take cryo pro as he has a toogle to 1.73 that gives 100 percent scanning

then do the scanning and get all channels then toggle back to pro with your new channels easy as pie

i hope you understand it if not give me a shout m8

cheers

well im stuck on my first problem, when trying to FTP to the dbox its refusing to connect. ive closed firewall and anti virus and everything like that. went through the tut about puting in the Ip address in pc and the dbox one. both passwords dbox and dbox2 dont seem to work. im using smartftp which is working fine with the built in sites to connect to but using the cross over cable it doesnt wanna know. anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Dan

please could some just confirm with me that from the picture posted earlier(not good quality) that my box is a x2. i finally got the ftp to see the box and now im about to flash the box but wanna make sure the box is a x2.

cheers for any replys and help.

x2 flash

yes m8 go aheadits a two x chip they are the two chips you see next to the tuner that say flash on them

thats good news, i did the flash using FTP as the other way didnt work. flash hads gone well, just need to put services in once ive found the right area. cheers for the help along the way. im sure ill always need more help and maybe as my knowledge grows ill beable to help out others

madnlooney said:
thats good news, i did the flash using FTP as the other way didnt work. flash hads gone well, just need to put services in once ive found the right area. cheers for the help along the way. im sure ill always need more help and maybe as my knowledge grows ill beable to help out others

im sure you will m8

hope evrything is ok now sorry i just disapeared as my broadband cut off for hours today

cheers m8

gav12345 said:
im sure you will m8

hope evrything is ok now sorry i just disapeared as my broadband cut off for hours today

cheers m8

yeah the flash went well and also did a full scan. just few channels that dont work. BBc3 BBC4 and itv4 i think were the main ones. ohwell cant moan really

GAV12345 is being a bit shy about his own work. Put his new image on and scan with bruteforce. Hey presto every channel 100% even brings dead boxes back to life.
Read the info under the image download section from him about sagems

Good Luck

Back