Problem with Thunderbird

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Got me virgin,hotmail email set up with thunderbird but it wont do me yahoo,used right address and password but keeps coming up error wrong email/password but its defo right cuz i tried it on yahoos home page,its given me the right address for incoming and outgoing but just wont accept name or password........... any ideas cuz hotmail worked straight off with no probs

If you are using a yahoo.com email then you have to pay to use POP3 access.

If you are using a yahoo.co.uk all you have to do is turn on the POP3 access in the yahoo options.

Using a co.uk account and it works fine on my ipod touch......thanks for the reply m8 :proud:

try these settings,
server- pop.mail.yahoo.com port 995 ssl/tls

out-- smtp.mail.yahoo.com port 465 ssl/tls
I use the settings and i've no probs.

snp-g

All the settings are right m8 but keeps coming up "password could not be sent" :grayno:

Any luck with the settings yet.??
I know it's a long shot but have you tried reinstalling the program.?
(could be a corrupt version).

Still no luck m8,updated thunderbird to newer version since install and still cant get yahoo to work,hotmail and virgin work no probs :)

If you still can't get your yahoo account to work with Thunderbird, try it with a program called PostBox Express.

snp-g.

Cheers m8,luckily ive got it set up with my ipod touch with yahoo so least i can check it with that :proud:

Back