Problem with slow browser pages

swanny10

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all hope someone could shed some light on this.

When i am using the internet very often my page just seems to freeze and takes ages to load the page. this is happening with firefox version 3 bets 5, internet explorer 7 and also tried using opera. It doesn't appear to be my internet connection as i am on virgin 20 Mb and when downloading files on newsgroups i get the full speed all the time but when i am browsing the net it just seems to run really slow sometimes. I can visit the same pages and sometimes they will open almost instantly and other times the same pages even this site can take around 30 second or more to open. I have used Advanced windows care which was recommended on another thread on here and that found a few trojans and things and some registry errors which were all fixed and i had hoped that would sort it but still the same problems. Its really doing my head in now has anyone any ideas please.

edit- sorry i probably should have mentioned i am using vista ultimate.

thanks

swanny

could be your browser settings such as phishing filter.

If you found a 'few trojans' I'd get an AV on there and do a full scan after booting into safe mode - AVG and Avast do free versions. Also might be worth doing a scan for adware using ad-aware and/or spybot s&d.

I already have avg installed and running. i have had that since i first installed this drive and loaded vista onto it.

Back