Problem with setting up box

Cropstar

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi there,

I've been following the 500c Gemini setup guide in the downloads section. Problem is it expects Gemini to be on the box already. It's a new box but doesn't seem to have anything loaded on it. Hence there's a problem since I can't setup the network which is the next stage in the guide. Has anyone got any advice?

I've got a crossover and patch cables so it'll need to use one of those.

you might need to use a null cable (9 pin f/f) to use Dreamup, that is if you haven't already got one.

you might need to use a null cable (9 pin f/f) to use Dreamup, that is if you haven't already got one.

Will Maplin stock that cable? I don't suppose there is a product code anyone has do they; sometimes it's quite difficult to tell which cable is the correct one.

Will Maplin stock that cable? I don't suppose there is a product code anyone has do they; sometimes it's quite difficult to tell which cable is the correct one.

got mine from Maplin shop the man said 'oh ur updating ur ntl box?' i said 'erm yeah something like that' lmao

thats only if you Need one m8

i bricked mine before i needed to use it, ethernet is infinitely faster

Just realised I haven't got a 9 pin connection on my laptop. Is there any other suitable cable I can use? USB and ethernet are the only slots I have available, unless there's an adaptor I can use?

Alternatively I've got 2 9 pin slots on my desktop, but wouldn't be able to connect the box to my TV from where its located. I guess that might be ok if I don't need to be able to see the TV at this stage?

Last edited:
Hi there,

I've been following the 500c Gemini setup guide in the downloads section. Problem is it expects Gemini to be on the box already. It's a new box but doesn't seem to have anything loaded on it. Hence there's a problem since I can't setup the network which is the next stage in the guide. Has anyone got any advice?

I've got a crossover and patch cables so it'll need to use one of those.

I'm gonna look at updating some of the guides over the coming weeks to account for this oversight.

I'm gonna look at updating some of the guides over the coming weeks to account for this oversight.

Got it sorted with the 9 pin cable. Can't work out which channels to add to which bouquets as they don't seem to have names, but I guess that can be sorted later.

Back