problem with "peng" box

tmontana

Inactive User
Reaction score
alright people, well as some of you know i purchased a "peng" dm500 for my room and put the original downstairs. the cloned box worked porfect for a week,then yesterday morning i powered it on and i got "service could not be found" for most channels. here are the readings i got for it using gemini 3.30

Most sky movies clear ok and SNR is 89%,ACG is 42 and BER is 2960
Most other channels are: SNR 67%-70%, AGC 42-43 and BER 1658880

so i tried reflash with serial cable, reinstalled gemini 3.30 and it was the same, tried diorj 0.6 which has always been flawless and nothing, tried DW1.6 (got a few more channels but still loads missing)

i also tried my original box back in my room and its perfect. tried the clone in several locations and its still the same, i just dont get how it worked great for a week and now this. i mean if it was a signal issue wouldnt it have been like this from the start. why has this suddenly happened?

anyway im going to get up to argos this morning and try a booster but in the meantime has anyone any opinions/advice/ideas/expanations

thanks people

alan

Cheap, unreliable components! The boxes are cheap for a reason. Peng didn't buy a load from Dream Multimedia then sell them at a loss.

That's the risk you take buying a fake.

Although, you could try doing a flash erase twice using Dreamup then take a backup of the image on your working box and flash it to the clone.

Thanks for the heads up Alan, dying to know how the booster will work. Was about to order a chinese box today .... ;-)

already tried that devilfish, thanks. maybe your right mate, maybe they are cheap components, but i just thought that at such a low price it was worth a gamble.i have a good style of living so im not too bothered if i get it working again or not, ill just chuck in it the wheelie bin, would be nice though,

anyone else have any ideas? devilfish does it sound like a booster could sort this do you think

@kidder, hold off for now mate till you buy box, ill post up if booster sorts it ASAP, i read on a thread earlier that another lad had a problem like mine with a clone and the booster sorted it

thanks for the reply lads

try the booster my peng box wouldnt work without it but that was the same for the original too... mine still going strong and not a single problem with it..

ok people a quick update, i tried lots of images and found that hardly any of them cleared. then i tried digitalworldz dream uk01 image and lots of the channels cleared, i normally have 142 tv stations but when i scanned with DW uk dream01 i picked up 119 channels so there were some missing but all of them were in and around 90% SNR, bit blocky but watchable. any ideas why this image cleared lots of stations?

im heading up to argos at 10am this morning to get a SLX1 booster to see if this sorts the problem

will post up results

cheers

try different emu on that image ,

dw uk 01 image had minimal extras in that image i think?

may be its the size of that image using a cloned box ?

like devil fish said with cheaper conponents

but still buy a booster and 1 with a gain control.:FRIGHT:

ok sorry about he delay folks, anyway went to argos and got me a slx1 booster. tried lots and lots of images and couldnt get many channels as stated above. but i just happened to flash DW1.61 image and its working perfectly, all channels there and clearing. but EVERY other image wont work, strange that. tried all different images, tuner drivers, reflashes, cams etc but only this image will work,

i remeber one time a while back i had this problem with a genuine box, none of the channels would work and i tried DW 1.6 at the time and it worked. there is a thread on here about it.

Other than the cloned box is working fine now,, its just weird how it let me use any other image for a week, and then decided it only liked DW1.61

at least its not money wasted

thanks DW team and other BM's for making this forum possible

cheers

Back