Problem since 3.2 upgrade today

exoticasian30

Inactive User
Reaction score
Has anyone else had trouble?

I am 41050 exc&w which was cr3 until the early hours of this morning. It has now gone over to 3.2 or at least it should have......

My Sammy took it ok but my Pace 1000 is stuck on the white NTL splash screen.

I have been in the EM and net-id, freq e.t.c seems ok.

Tried to reeboot, cleaned simm board (4 chip type), tried to force update 4321 and also a reset 2321.
It boots as normal, not stuck on "pace" or "8888" but it will not go past that white screen with the NTL logo. I have noticed that the logo is of the smaller type that you get with c&w 3.2 so I am guessing that it may of got corrupted somehow during the cc's overnight update?

Any Ideas on what to have a shot at next?

Cheers lads...

I'm getting somewhere but still no tv lol.

I could not erase sram with libby so pulled jumper, reset to 41050 and rebooted - nothing until I did a 4321.

I got the cr3.2 to reload successfully, the box rebooted itself and I was on channel 7 with a nice front row pic.

Powered down, put card in and rebooted. I can now get just past the splash screen with NTL logo then the screen goes black, leaving the standby light on.

If I then press the power button on the remote or the front panel of the box it just will not respond. This is with card in or out.

UPDATE:

I have a felling this could be an atmel jobby or even worse....

I have found that the only way to get this f**ker to do anything is to pull jumper, reset net-id, force an update. The box resets perfectly and I have all channels as per normal.

The problem is that I cannot ever power down the box. Once I do all I can get is a black screen just after the splash screen and can never get the bugger to come on after that.

Any advances on an atmel jobby lol.....

hmm interesting m8, i got a 1000 in a cw area which is doing exactly the same, looks like 1000's dont like 3.2, gonna try what u siad and see if it works .

will update later on.

cheers

kabzy mabzy said:
hmm interesting m8, i got a 1000 in a cw area which is doing exactly the same, looks like 1000's dont like 3.2, gonna try what u siad and see if it works .
will update later on.
cheers

Let me know how you get on mate.

This is a real strange one. I have updated a 1000 to 3.2 manually in the past and it took it fine.

Now the CC sends out an update officially and it fecks my box!
Can't trust em to do anything lol....

I had this once updating a box myself mate
What i was able to do was downgrade the software it cr1 and then reloaded cr3 then cr3.2 ...... it worked 4 me

But im not sure if you can go from cr1 to cr3.2 I tried it this week on a 1000 and it wouldnt work until it had cr3 on the box....!!!

Cheers Jasper,

I have never tried this wembley lark before so bear with me...

Can you confirm that I just need to go and set the net-id to wembley and do a 4321 forced boot and that will get it back to cr1?

Now we are officially cr3.2 on id 41050 I would imagine it should try and jump past cr3 and straight to 3.2....

Soon find out.

Hello Paul, as you know we are in the same area and i thought id just shed some light here because my box is a 1000 but someone ;) did the AU mod and its still working ok on CR1 Wembly from a dump someone ;) put on the attys without a 4Xchip sim (i'm using a ph1b sim and its working ok).
A friend has said her box in TW has gone down which is a 1000 sounds like the same problem your getting.
Anyway if you want to meet up again someone ;) will do your chips for you free again ok.
Hows that ph1b? still working because someone ;) didn't do the AU mod on that.
Clive.

can u check ur net id's
cos i had same problem in the warrington area
and found out they changed the net id
from 41060 to 41048
see if that is the problem check the net id on a pace box known to be working

Hi Clive,

I might have a go at what Jasper suggested just for the sake of trying but I suspect that once 3.2 is loaded the box will go back to playing it's games.

Am I right in saying that if I get the box onto cr1 and then put a 1b simm in it before it goes back in the stream it will stop itself from updating or will it also need a 1b dump to be put in?

That 1b you helped me out with is going nicely. Just called my sis and she asked me what all this new blue screen biz is all about. I told her to just be thankful that it has updated ok lol. Many thanks for your help with that m8. Saved my ears from a lot of bashing.

davidh said:
can u check ur net id's
cos i had same problem in the warrington area
and found out they changed the net id
from 41060 to 41048
see if that is the problem check the net id on a pace box known to be working

Thanks David,

I have a Sammy in my front room that has took the update ok and it has stayed on 41050. Does that count with it not being a Pace?

lol, your welcome mate now have you done as davih has said because its a valid point my box is basically the same but your box net id might have changed or as in davidh's case they changed your net id !
I doubt it tho mate as your ph1b box is going which can update and my 1000 box is still going which cant update so maybe it might be annother corrupt atty job mate :(.
Let me know if we're going to Mc D's again lol.

clive58 said:
lol, your welcome mate now have you done as davih has said because its a valid point my box is basically the same but your box net id might have changed or as in davidh's case they changed your net id !
I doubt it tho mate as your ph1b box is going which can update and my 1000 box is still going which cant update so maybe it might be annother corrupt atty job mate :(.
Let me know if we're going to Mc D's again lol.

I'll have a mess around with it in the next few days and once I've blown it up I will give you a shout to rescue it (you know - the way I always do it)

hey Guys

I have Pace 1000, when I got home from work it wasn't booting up proparly. Colours where changed to BLUE. It was stuck on 1 channel didnt allow me to change.
I tried re-booting my box, had no luck. Tried re-programming my card. Did reboot but had my white cable out while reboot. Then switched on my box after 5 minutes and inserted white cable. Bingoo

Everything back with new BLUE layout. Amazing thing is I have VOD?! now how did that happend, any ideas? Well who cares :) lol

yashsmash said:
hey Guys
I have Pace 1000, when I got home from work it wasn't booting up proparly. Colours where changed to BLUE. It was stuck on 1 channel didnt allow me to change.
I tried re-booting my box, had no luck. Tried re-programming my card. Did reboot but had my white cable out while reboot. Then switched on my box after 5 minutes and inserted white cable. Bingoo
Everything back with new BLUE layout. Amazing thing is I have VOD?! now how did that happend, any ideas? Well who cares :) lol

I am guessing you have a funcard?

Enjoy Front Row while it lasts mate.

exoticasian30 said:
Cheers Jasper,
I have never tried this wembley lark before so bear with me...
Can you confirm that I just need to go and set the net-id to wembley and do a 4321 forced boot and that will get it back to cr1?.
Yeah thats right mate just like that but dont do the non update mod
exoticasian30 said:
Now we are officially cr3.2 on id 41050 I would imagine it should try and jump past cr3 and straight to 3.2....
Soon find out.
Im not sure if it was just the box i was using that wouldn`t update from cr1 to cr3.2 or if the case being that it needs cr3 to up date to cr3.2
but i dont think we are the last area to update yet!

Good shout Kabzy. It would be nice to have a valid c&w id that is still on cr3.

@Jasper - Thanks mate.

Back