Problem setting up an android phone

willin

DW Regular
Reaction score
I bought a nokia 6.1 a while ago on android (one) I think, I absolutely hated the android system. I did a factory reset then sold it a few days ago to an older fella, when he is trying to set it up apparently it’s saying

“Ihis device was reset. To continue, sign in with a Google account that was previously synced on this device.”

I have deleted my google account!
I am going to try and help him set it up probably later today, I don’t know how that has happened when I did a factory reset. Surely it will have an option to set it up with a new user/google account.
Has anyone any advice for this? I’m usually fine with phones etc but really don’t have a clue with android, cheers.

It's probably got backup restore from Google account selected in the settings. Deselecting it should sort it (hopefully lol)

If that fails I found this.

1. Charge your phone to 100% and still keep the phone connected to the charger (it is important!)
  2. Switch on the phone and go to the screen where it is asking you to enter your email address. In the email box, type subscribe and select the word by doing a long press on it. A small menu will pop-up
  3. Select More and then Assist. Google App will open up.
  4. In the Search bar of Google app, type chrome and from the suggestions list, select Chrome Application (shown with the Chrome icon). This will open Chrome browser.
  5. Type test dcp app in the search bar of Chrome browser and open the first link. When page opens, find the link/button to download dcp apk file. Click the link and download the file.
  6. Hit the back button on your phone to go back to the Google app. In Google app now type downloads and open Downloads app from the suggestions list.
  7. In Downloads app, you will see the downloaded Test DCP app file. Install the test dcp app. At this point, your phone must be 100% charged and connected with charger.
  8. After installation of the Test DCP app is finished, open this app. This app will remove the FRP lock (Google account verification lock)
  9. When Test DCP app opens, follow the instructions and go for Encryption option.
  10. Now your phone may restart multiple times. Whenever it asks for permissions — just give the required permissions. Eventually, your phone will open the Home screen without asking for a Google account.
  11. Go to Settings and do a factory reset and restart your phone.
  12. That’s it. When phone will restart, you will not be asked to verify the previously synced Google account.

Thanks for that lads, turns out that the sign in was only an option @shaun127 I wish I had known that before I sold it.

Back