Problem recording to DVD Recorder

abaddon

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Nokia dbox that arrived with Sportster 1.73 uk01 already on it. Managed to get it up and running and most channels available.

I have connected the second scart on the dbox to my DVD recorder, but cannot record anything from the dbox. My DVD recorder says "record-protected signal detected". Looks like some sort of copy-protection is being sent (macrovision?). Has anybody else had this problem? Hopefully someone has a solution...

Thanks.

Hi,

You will need to remove the macrovision from the dvd recorder.

de_deej

Hi, I'm sure i read on one of the threads that you have to go into teletext on the box and semi exit so as you still have the picture of the channel but no text on screen but still text page info on the lcd display sorry it's all i can remember if you do a search for macrovision i'm sure you will find the thread i looked at.

de_deej said:
Hi,
You will need to remove the macrovision from the dvd recorder.
de_deej

I am confused. Are you saying that all channels are always sent with Macrovision from the dbox? What is the point of having the second scart that says "VCR" if this is the case?

Does everybody have the same issue no matter what image etc? Are we saying that we cannot record to a VCR or DVD recorder from the dbox?

I initially thought this was a software problem and hoped a different image would sort this out. Has anybody managed to record to a DVD recorder from the dbox?

dtwomac, I have searched and searched again. The only thread with the word "macrovision" seems to be this one!

Thanks,
abaddon

hi i think it might just depend on the dvd recorder as i can record onto my panasonic recorder but couldnt on my old samsung one

Same here i can record onto my philips hdrw 720 and my philips dvdr 690 no problem from dbox, have read about this before it seems to depend on your recorder, and i know philips use the macrovision as some films on my old pace box would not record onto my recorder it would come up on screen on the recorder "copy protect" and not record,but dont have a prob with dbox.

The recording problem is a software problem.
Best thing is to try a other image and use the newest software on the recorder.

mgb said:
The recording problem is a software problem.
Best thing is to try a other image and use the newest software on the recorder.

Thanks for the replies folks. I also think it is a software problem on the dbox. I will try another image. I connected the dbox to a VCR and while I was able to record, it was obviously macrovision garbled - so it does look like it is macrovision. I am trying to get copy-protection disabled on my dvd recorder, but that may be difficult. It is a brand new recorder (very new model) - LG RH-7900H. I think I will try a new image on the dbox first.

Any opinions on what image I should try? I was thinking of either the 1.7uk05 or the latest "updated" image from gav12345 (which I believe is an updated 1.73).

I bought a macrovision beating scart lead from ebay :Cheers:

Tried gav's updated_new last night - image works fine, but still can't record. Will try 1.7uk05 over the weekend.

revans3 said:
I bought a macrovision beating scart lead from ebay :Cheers:

If the above image does not work, then I will source out a macrovision buster and give that a try.

Thanks.

Cant see how it can be image problem i am now useing gavs updated image and can still record onto my philips recorder, i have had at least 6 or 7 different images on my box and never failed to record with any of them.

My problem is that when I connect my pace box to dvd recorder with a scart, I have no problems recording. When I swap and connect my dbox to the same scart on the dvd recorder I get this issue - therefore I reckon the dbox is sending something that the pace box isn't!

I've been doing some reading and it looks like dvd recorders may or may not implement the different forms of copy protection - digital and analogue.

Am still looking for macrovision/copy-protection hacks for my dvd recorder. Also, don't want to fork out for a macrovision busting cable if this is not my issue!

Thanks for your time.

It looks like it is macrovision related based on your last post, some dvd recorders must as you say implement it in a different way, as i said before i did get some problems with some films when i was useing pace box and my recorder but not now so my recorder does addere to macrovision.
Just as a matter of intrest is your scart lead the fully wired type ?

derekwd said:
Just as a matter of intrest is your scart lead the fully wired type ?

I think it is fully wired. I've tried two different cables, both with the same result. Will try a couple more this evening.

I've been trawling some forums in German (with Google translater) and it looks like I'm not the only one with the problem. The gist I got was that some code was modified in saa7126_core.c that set a copy protection bit. It has subsequently been reset again. Therefore a very new new image or a reasonably old image may fix the problem.

However, all have said that a macrovision defeating scart cable will resolve the problem. May need to spend some money......

you need to buy a modified scart cable to overcome the macrovision .mate bought a sony and did exactly same thing could record nowt.now happy as a peacock trouble is doesnt know which shite to record first. w*w.sonel.com or w*w.kbtv.co.uk give em a go .

wobber said:
you need to buy a modified scart cable to overcome the macrovision .mate bought a sony and did exactly same thing could record nowt.now happy as a peacock trouble is doesnt know which shite to record first. w*w.sonel.com or w*w.kbtv.co.uk give em a go .

Thanks for those links. Which do you recommend? There's a bit of a price difference. Do you reckon the cheaper one will be up to the task?

Thanks.

I have a liteon dvd recorder with HDD. I can record to both hard disk and dvd

originaly posted by PT1 over at unlockers
Audioslayer of the German TuxBoxForum solved the Problem and hopefully this helps you guys too ;-)

http://rapidshare.de/files/6743367/...mv_fix.zip.html

Above is a UBoot File for a JFFS 2x Image and you can flash it within the Update Function of the Dbox

The SAA Driver in the UBoot caused this issue !

For eeryone that want's to do it yourself here is the 1.1 Version that will not support Macrovision

[DLMURL]http://cvs.tuxbox.org/cgi-bin/viewc...a7126.c?rev=1.1[/DLMURL]
Best Tip I can give you is maybe try a Next-Generations Image as they where JFFS and not Sqashfs or ask Cryo for a Version as JFFS
unquote

It seems it is image related

Last edited by a moderator:
Neither of those links work - they look incomplete to me.

Any chance you could direct me to the original post you are quoting?

Thanks.

abaddon said:
Neither of those links work - they look incomplete to me.
Any chance you could direct me to the original post you are quoting?
Thanks.

The original post was off unlocker forum, and posted by pt1 (Moderater)
I just copied and pasted the links, have just checked and they are the same on unlocker, so dont know why they dont work,try just typing them in.

Back