Problem recording to DVD Recorder

i think its a software problem on the dbox
ive got a panasonic dvd player with built in hd i had no problem recording from the dbox to the recorder on disk or the hd
i put on the latest image(1.75) now when i recorder it to the hd on the panasonic it will only let me view the programme and not back it up onto a dvd disk
my panasonic is multi region with macrovision removed
problem is cant remember what i put on the bdox last time and i never backed the image up
has any1 got a working image (old 1) that will let u record the programes on2 disk or hd

try gavs latest image from the downloads mate. it's new but i could record onto my panasonic recorder. when my box was working that is

I have philips hdrw 720, dvd + hd recorder i have recorded to this with every image i have tried, ie. gavs latest, quite a few diff sportsters, i have just flashed box with sportster 17+ uk04 as i dont remember ever trying this, works no prob same as others, to hd and disk.
Must be honest its very confusing, if it is image related as sugested by noodles0800 and pt1 from unlockers then why have i never had a prob. ???

allso have used nokia 2x and sagem 1x still mo probs

going to reflash the thing this weekend
when they all in bed will let u know how we go on

A linux developer botched the saa driver.
If you use a image which such a faulty version the saa driver don't fully initialize the saa chip and macrovision remain switched on.

mgb said:
A linux developer botched the saa driver.
If you use a image which such a faulty version the saa driver don't fully initialize the saa chip and macrovision remain switched on.

I have read this but would love to know which image I could use. Or could someone compile a corrected saa driver that we could use?

I did download a version of saa7126.o from another forum, but that was not compatible with my dbox - made the screen go all shades of green.

I have a Nokia 2x dbox and would love to get hold of various versions of saa7126.o to try them out. Can anybody help?.......

Thanks.

mgb said:
From the latest jtk image.

We have a solution!!!!

mgb you are a star - I copied this version of saa7126.o into /lib/modules/2.4.31-dbox2/misc (backed up the old one first), rebooted the dbox and I can now record.

Thank you all very much for your help. For reference, could you let me know which image this is from? - forgive my ignorance, don't know what "jtk" stands for.

It was a typo. The name is jtg means Jack the Grabber and is a streaming tool. The jtg team also built up images for legal usage and the latest snapshot from the cvs sources include the saa7126 fix.

Just to add my two penneth... I had a JVC DRM10 and could record to disk with no problems from dbox. Just bought a Philips 3440 with DVD and HDD and it will not record anything from dbox as it says copy protected. Fully wired scart was used on both and Sportster 1.7 UK04. Will try latest image and post the outcome. I thought it best to add this post as when more people go and buy a dvd/hdd recorder, they may encounter similar problems. Thanks for the info guys.

Last edited:
Sorted. The latest Sportster pro image cured the "Protected" and "unable to record" messages I was getting on the DVD/HDD recorder. Well pleased.

Back