problem playing avi movie

benny hill squad

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi, im having trouble playing movies that i download, i altered something in k lite codec pack and now i can only hear audio very faint turned up to max volume, can anyone help with the settings i need to adjust in ffd show set up? thanks.

let start on a easy one 1st and see if that fix it

goto control panel then goto sound & audio devices then goto the audio tab then click on sound playback volume and check and see if all of them are on full

so many things you can adjust lol if that was me i'd go to control panel and uninstall the codec then just redownload it and reinstall it. codecs are quite small and quick to download.

worth a try, wont take ages.

ok thanks for the replies, right my motherboard has 5.1 output and this a bit strange i plugged it into the right front output and it works but with a little buzzing sound, so obviously its something small....any ideas? i checked the volumes and theyre all up full

If you said that there was something that you managed to accidentally change in the 'k-lite codec pack', then why don't you re-install the codec pack and see if that helps.

If you do that, then it would probably just overwrite the codec pack to the original settings.

Alternatively, it could be an issue with your sound card, or graphics card because as you said that when you play it you can only hear sound, or is that sound that is very low with video?

If you said that there was something that you managed to accidentally change in the 'k-lite codec pack', then why don't you re-install the codec pack and see if that helps.

If you do that, then it would probably just overwrite the codec pack to the original settings.

Alternatively, it could be an issue with your sound card, or graphics card because as you said that when you play it you can only hear sound, or is that sound that is very low with video?

i reinstalled and it said that things were broken and recommended removing them ac3 filter broken i really dont know! ive rebooted, im gonna try again reinstalling and when it recommends removing the broken ones i wont fingers crossed!

Back