Problem burning 360 games in Vista

Studulike

New Member ++
Reaction score
Ok not sure anyone can help here but I am getting really pi***d off.

I have been burning 360 games with clone CD within Vista for ages with no proble. I have a Pioneer 111D drive. Suddenly I can't complete a burn anymore. Seems to get to 50% then jumps to 100% and says burn failed.

I have waisted almost a whole spindle of disks trying to get it to work
I have never had more than the odd failure

tried to burn different games in case it was a problem with image file

oh yes one thing to note not sure anything to do with it but updated my nero software recently
I have tried to reinstall Clone a few times

Please please someone help

not sure about this.

but im going to try burning my first game in vista later today. i will let you know how i get on.

what version of vista are you using? im going to use vista ultimate 64bit.

ps. dont know if nero has anything to do with it, but what version number are you using. i tried to install nero last night and it wouldnt let me as it said it wasnt compatible with my version of vista.

Not sure of the brand as thrown packaging away but I have used them before and worked fine infact all the DL disks I have tried worked fine with 360 using Pioneer drive.

I have the latest version of Nero installed. All other disks burn fine.

May be the disks I got this time are shit but seems strange it is failing, I can understand them not working in 360 as sometimes happens but should finish burn.

Try using imageburn matey its free software and works everytime!

just remember to goto tools/settings/write/options and change the L0 sectors to 1913760

: bart :

Disc wise i use tuffdisc , traxdata , or verbatims

Thanks Misery going to give it a go.
Tried uninstalling Nero for time being as well just to see if something wrong with new version.

I will let you know what happens.

Still no joy with IMGBurn

I get an error during write at 51% as follows:

I/O Error!

Device: [1:0:0] PIONEER DVD -RW DVR -111L 8.29 (D:) (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x2
Interpretation Check Condition

CDB: 2a 00 00 1D 36 A0 00 00 20 00
Interpretation: Write (10) - Sectors: 1914528 - 1914559

Sense Area: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 21 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Interpretation: Invalid Address For Write

See if that makes any sense I was trying to burn "Crackdown"

Also downloaded "Lord of the rings" and also couldn't write. Looks like duff files but don't see how. As NewsSite says work ok.

it,ll be the disks, i used to use a cheap lot and they worked fine then i bought some more of the same disks and they all failed, they changed the dye or it was a bad batch, i stick to verbs now and never have a fail...

just because they worked before dont mean they,ll work now i had the exact same problem exact yes exact...its the disks mate..i had to bin 10 cheapos that worked the last time i bought them but the new lot i bought didnt,

buy verbs..more expense but they work.... and use clonecd to burn em.....

OK people thanks for all your help, going to buy some new ones. lol

Back