Private car parks...grrrrrrrrrr

Thanks @avid, Im helping the Kid and have wrote a couple of letters for him, prior to me helping him he had telephoned them and filled in a form admitting he was the driver of the car. I told him to source bank statement for that date etc and he has a screen shot of the ticket he purchased , we will see how it goes, scamming bastards

The reason they do it is so that you cannot give your ticket to someone else when you leave.
Its just as easy to put your ticket back in to a newer payment machine when you get back.
I'm sorry but I dont believe they are stopping fraud on a major scale. The only fraud that's going on is them raking in hundreds for a simple miss typed reg plate number.
If they can legally pull your pants down and fraud you a length they will. Those type of machine are ancient and designed to confuse

was not talking about fraud, i hate pay and display as you have to pay up front so i normally pay for an extra hour because I am not sure how long I am going to be. So If I get back to the car and loads of time left on the ticket I give it to someone else after all the time has been paid for. The reg number on the ticket stops this so the car park makes more money

And it allows for mistakes typing in reg plates for those who dont understand how or poor vision or a straight forward simple typo.

Those type of machines lead to people making mistakes hence why parking firms love them, theres no discretion. Oh and passing on your ticket with say an hour left is an offence to someone else with the vast majority of private parking companies.

I'm not getting onto rules and regs, if the parking attendant spots an R for a P on the ticket in your car or via a camera whatever then discretion should take place.
If I had a car park and I wanted to screw the public I'd have a reg typo machine for sure!

Back