Private car parks...grrrrrrrrrr

ukbob

VIP Old Codger
VIP Member
Reaction score
Missus and family on holiday in cornwall parked in sainsbury's for 2 hours....
she entered her reg plate wrong by the last letter...
she thought she was doing right when she paid again and entered reg plate correctly...
initial parking got her on the first ticket and charged us £170 unpaid tariff for whole day...she was 2 hours maximum.
she was willing to go to court but i wasn't...i was ground down by the man years ago,so i paid...
i'm ranting at the parking company and the family are ranting at me.....
What would you have done?

We appealed to initial parking but lost....what a suprise..

Tricky.
I would of let them take me to court and see how it ended up after showing the 2 tickets to the Judge and explaining the situation.

How could they get you if reg was wrong? I would've denied it if I subsequently paid. They're geared up to reject your appeals, it seems, but in this case there was no genuine pre-estimate of loss whatsoever, as you paid for correct reg too. See this site...
Genuine pre-estimate of loss & parking charges

They got the right reg going out of car park but not in...so charged us for all day mate...
I'll get my son to explain tomorrow as it it gives me a headache lol...
We try and do the right thing in life...always have done

£170 but you also had a valid ticket, no wonder yer fuming.

Did their camera get the number plate wrong, or did you enter it wrong on the pay and display ticket machine?

We try and do the right thing in life...always have done

Sadly that is the way it is mate....prey on the honest...whilst the real crimes go undetected 🙄

There's no crime gone on here, this is just private companies working for supermarkets stinging their customers for them.

I have never paid a parking fine on private ground. I just ignore the letters but I have probably been lucky as I have not been taking to court as of yet. They have threatened but no summons
Have a read below
Do you have to pay private parking tickets?
This is what my family are saying avid,i however can't take any hassle so i paid up...the family are now angry at me...

entered wrong wrong on first ticket mate,,,

If it had been me and I had entered the reg number wrong, I would be angry at both myself and the warden, but would have paid up too.

I was in sainsburys the other day where you had to enter your reg and I say the warden checking the cars, they do not look at the ticket but instead point a phone like device at the number plate which checks them, if it was still done manually the warden may have seen the error and been nice, but its doubtful

This is what my family are saying avid,i however can't take any hassle so i paid up...the family are now angry at me...

Don’t worry to much about it. There will be many who pay up when they see the letters coming through their doors because they just don’t want the hassle like yourself.
I didn’t intentionally get my fines, it was a case of not noticing the time limits on the amount of time I was aloud too park or just over staying the limit accidentally.
But it’s a lesson learnt and you will be more mindful next time pal. So try to forget it and move on. Tell the family you would of rather paid than of had the worry, simple as.

Last edited:
I would let them take me to court. I'm sure a mispelt number or letter on the ticket would be enough for a judge to throw crap like this out.
Judges are sick to death of companies leech off people who make a genuine mistake.
Why tf these companies need for you to put your reg in is beyond me. Oh sorry, I'll take that back, it's so hopefully you type it in wrong.
When it gets to court and you can categorically prove you paid and it was a genuine typo error the law should hammer these greedy f##kers and hit them with hefty court charges and compensation for you attending.

This might make them take out reg plate ticket machines. Even a £10 fine would suffice but £170 ? especially when you'd paid ?. I'd do time first purely for the principal, scum nothing else

I would let them take me to court. I'm sure a mispelt number or letter on the ticket would be enough for a judge to throw crap like this out.
Judges are sick to death of companies leech off people who make a genuine mistake.
Why tf these companies need for you to put your reg in is beyond me. Oh sorry, I'll take that back, it's so hopefully you type it in wrong.
When it gets to court and you can categorically prove you paid and it was a genuine typo error the law should hammer these greedy f##kers and hit them with hefty court charges and compensation for you attending.

This might make them take out reg plate ticket machines. Even a £10 fine would suffice but £170 ? especially when you'd paid ?. I'd do time first purely for the principal, scum nothing else

The reason they do it is so that you cannot give your ticket to someone else when you leave.

Anybody know anything about a pay for parking site Parkonomy
shite

Mate's son paid to park in a private car park using this website. He's now being hounded into paying £160 by the car park operators and their debt collectors which so far he's refused to pay. They are now threatening legal action through the County Courts. Ive told him to ignore all the letters they send until he gets a letter before court action from them or their solicitors then for him to demand through a SAR (subject access request) all information including proof that he didnt pay. Then if need be let them take him to court as he has the receipt proving that he did pay.

Anybody know anything about a pay for parking site Parkonomy
shite

Mate's son paid to park in a private car park using this website. He's now being hounded into paying £160 by the car park operators and their debt collectors which so far he's refused to pay. They are now threatening legal action through the County Courts. Ive told him to ignore all the letters they send until he gets a letter before court action from them or their solicitors then for him to demand through a SAR (subject access request) all information including proof that he didnt pay. Then if need be let them take him to court as he has the receipt proving that he did pay.

Here’s one similar to yours and same company.

** Won ** Advice on VCS parking charge and court papers filed - LegalBeagles Forum

Last edited:
Back