Printing on a wireless network

Madilla14

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can someone help, I have two pcs and a laptop at home pc1 is connected to my wireless router via cat5 cable, pc2 is connected wirelessly to the router and the laptop is connected wirelessly also. I have a printer connected directly to pc1 which I have shared. Is it possible to print from either pc2 or the laptop?
The reason I haven't tried it yet is because I am having trouble trying to find the other computers on the network, although they can all access the web.

Yes you can print, as long as you have printer sharing enabled on the PC's. And make sure the router will let it through

one other question guys, would it be possible to search for the computer that is physically attached to the shared printer and attach to it that way? :doh:

im having the same probs, ive finally after 2 years of ferking about with different bits managed to get my lappy connected wirelessly (is that a real word? lol) to the net shareing the BB connection, it wont find the other PC though. ive installed the win 98 drivers on the other pc as that runs on XP and set up printer and file shareing on the main PC

cheers

xp pro on the pc connected to the printer and wireless router, xp pro on the laptop and 2000 on the other pc.

update!!

i instelled the win 98 driver for the printer on the win xp PC, then installed the 98 drivers on the laptop, restarted both machines and went into hardware manager on 98 lappy, changed pribter port to look at network and it fount my other PC then i chose the folder that the 98 drivers were installed to and it all works

hopr this helps

(a few beers after)DD

This may sound obvious but you have to have the PC that the printer is connected to turned on before you can print from your laptop. It does not have to be logged on but does need to be booted up

Yes, and you may have to log on to start the printer service, but then you can log off again.

Or get yourself a wireless print server, that way you dont have to rely on other pc's:)

cheers guys, yes I have the connected pc turned on, but will I need to disable the firewalls for the other computers to find the pc connected to the printer.

Back