Printer recommendations

Joe Noodles

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Printers, which are the best for a low price, Canon, Epson, Samsung etc anyone got any ideas? to be used to print pictures
and lower costs on ink also?
TIA Joe

If your after top photo quality then it will need to be a colour laser printer. Have a look at the Brother models which are good vfm and the toner cartridges are reasonable in price.

If your after top photo quality then it will need to be a colour laser printer. Have a look at the Brother models which are good vfm and the toner cartridges are reasonable in price.
Thank you 👍
Ya I did read that laser printers are better for print quality and does not waste ink

I know mate, I have a brother laser but have seen people do this and what a mess it makes

We use epsons at work and we have them at home. In one of our offices we have a work force printer like darren above but with the tanks that you fill with bottles of ink. These last for ages. If my office i have the xp-900 and we just buy cheap aftermarket cartridges. We have had xp-800 and 600 and at home I have the xp-415 and we have had it for years.

I used Epsom in the past but gave up so now it's a cheap HP scanner printer for £40 from Argos.
I personally think their purposely made not to last. I'm positive they could make something with less parts, less ink, cheap, and not fooking clog up but why should they ?

I used Epsom in the past but gave up so now it's a cheap HP scanner printer for £40 from Argos.
I personally think their purposely made not to last. I'm positive they could make something with less parts, less ink, cheap, and not fooking clog up but why should they ?
I read that inkjet printers clog up cos if you don't print a lot the ink clogs up on the nozzle like glue does if you don't use for awhile
laser printers don't do that

I read that inkjet printers clog up cos if you don't print a lot the ink clogs up on the nozzle like glue does if you don't use for awhile
laser printers don't do that
Every inkjet printer I ever had clogged up because I never used it often enough. I don’t own a printer now and just ask somebody else to do it for me with their printer🤔😆tbh though I rarely need anything printing nowadays.

Every inkjet printer I ever had clogged up because I never used it often enough. I don’t own a printer now and just ask somebody else to do it for me with their printer🤔😆tbh though I rarely need anything printing nowadays.
Same here it just doesn't get used enough. Last 2 I've had to chuck away because they wouldn't unclog.
I now try to remember to print a test page every so often.

Got Epson about 10 years ago and got like 25+ replacement inks for £20 on ebay. I still have some inks left.

Always look at the cost of ink when buying a printer. In many cases they make a loss on the printer cause they make their money back 100 x on ink.

Best to do a test print every 3 to 4 weeks to keep the head clean

Got some compatible inks from fleeby bay but never use the printer loads

After having them for a long time i noticed some of the new cartridges had dried out

So i ended up getting a set of refillable cartridges with auto reset chip

This happened to me a few times before I bit the bullet and tossed my Brothers inkjet and bought a color laser printer. Still easy to find some deals, and the newer Dell model was wireless which is convenient for printing for the household. Now when the printer is not used for a year it still works the next time it is use.
The laser printers do have a large surge of power needed when first kicking on though, actually had mine trip the breaker before.

Not that it will help much since it is an old model now, but my unit is a Dell C1660w which I picked up for $50 from Staples.

Back