Printer recommendation

Smifo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All

Can anyone recommend a cost effective printing solution. I've got an Epson C20UX using Printrite cartridges, prints photos OK but try to print a letter and it's awful. So I got a Dell 720 with trial cartridges, that was OK for a while, started to go a bit off so I got the cartridge refilled at Cartridge World and it's no better, all halos and smeary looking. Tried the utilities to no avail. So what's a decent priced printer that actually prints well? Used to have an old Epson 660 and that was excellent even on printrites.

Help will be much appreciated.

Cheers :Cheers:

Smifo

Have to say always had good results with HP, although bitter experience has taught me, if you want the best print quality, to use original manufacturer cartridges.
I'd recommend one of the HP 5000 series, price from @60 to 100 quid. Or if your happy with printing photo's on your Epson, why not look at a laser? There's quite a few to choose from at the lower cost end (sub 200notes), with the advantage of cheap running costs and less variability in print quality if you use third party/refilled toner cartridges.
At home I've got four HP printers now, an old all-in-one 635 used for quick copies/faxing, a getting old dj930c used for printing posh letters, a laserjet 4100 for the kids to print junk on & large print jobs & a dj7750(with a card reader & colour screen) bought last year for doing photo's which are excellent by the way. Plus here at my Dad's we've just got a psc1610 printer/scanner/copier which I'm well impressed with, excellent value at 85notes.

Hope this helps...have fun :)

I Have the Epson R300, which is the danglies!!

But HP printers are kind of better as, you replace the head every time you replace the cartridge, although the ink is much more expensive

the solution i have gone for is a laser hp 1200 for letters and invoices etc etc and a hp inkjet for colour stuff i have a cx975.

i only use hp cart for laser and got 5100 copys from first cart replacement cost me £42 inc p&p & vat < 0.01 per page, it is perfect every time

Mairyhinge said:
I Have the Epson R300, which is the danglies!!

But HP printers are kind of better as, you replace the head every time you replace the cartridge, although the ink is much more expensive

Gotta agree, the r300 also prints to cd's

amazing printer cheap ink too.

Laser

Hi All

Thanks for your advice guys. Thought about a laser, but my wife likes to put coloured logos on her business letters. Gonna have a look at the 300 tho.

Cheers :Cheers:

Smifo

I use a samsung ML-1210 laser for txt etc, and i also have an Epson R300 both are excellent printers, ink for epson is also cheap.

Back