Price rise from 3

allroad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Got a letter today stating that my 3 mobile BB will be increasing from Jan with the new VAT and inflation !!!!

Can they increase my contract by inflation ??? I assumed when I signed up the price was fixed ? Is this not the case ?

As they are changing the terms can I get out of it ?

Got a letter today stating that my 3 mobile BB will be increasing from Jan with the new VAT and inflation !!!!

Can they increase my contract by inflation ??? I assumed when I signed up the price was fixed ? Is this not the case ?

As they are changing the terms can I get out of it ?

unless stated in T&C's they are in breach of contract.. id imagine it might in t&c's though for them to do it..

they are within their rights to charge the extra for the vat mate that nobody can change but the inflation bit is rediculous lol

and yes they are changing the terms so you should get around 14days to decide whether you want to accept or reject. but be quick, no response within a certain number of days and you automatically accept the new contract.

hmm not had a letter yet. so did any one manage to suss if it is in the terms? I am on an 18month with about 15 to go so if and when I get my letter I can get out of the full term then fantastic

Any pointers on what I need to do ;)

Just having a quick read and point 4.1
(iii) increase the fixed periodic charges for your Package (if applicable) by an amount which is more than the percentage increase in the Retail Prices Index Figure (or any future equivalent) in any twelve month period.

So we need to work out the true increase in RPI ????

Last edited:
well unless its a business contract i am sure they cant charge extra

the reason being the contract was signed @ say £15 a month NOT £15 a month including VAT @ 17.5% ???

that is what i would argue tbh

i know the VAT is unavoidable but the inflation increase seems unreasonable

are any other providers increasing their mobile BB tariffs

Back