Sensible Topic President Trump

What a sanctimonious crock of shite. You talk of "the common person" from an outside perspective as if you're somehow superior.
I was pro Brexit and didn't base my opinion on either racism or religion. I haven't always made the right choices in life but could never be accused of making irrational choices. Is this your way of coming to terms when someone's opinion differs to your own???

What the...? I'm expressing an opinion. What's with the tone of your post?!

I was relaying 'the common person' tag on the disassociated and detached people of our country. I wasn't being egotistical and making a superiority claim.

Opinion polls back up my claim of why people voted Brexit and similarly why they've voted Trump in the US. It's the feeling of the Establishments being against them that makes them vote for change (whether that change be right or wrong)

There is danger in Trump.
He’s a man with authoritarian impulses, a conspiracy theorist’s bent, and a taste for vengeance. He has an alarming temperament, little impulse control, and less decency. He has a demagogue’s instinct for finding enemies and a bully’s instinct for finding their weaknesses. He is uninterested in policy, unrestrained by shame, and unbound by norms.

He surrounds himself with sycophants and enablers, and he believes both the facts and the falsehoods he finds congenial.

TRUMP = BOSH

There is danger in Trump.
He’s a man with authoritarian impulses, a conspiracy theorist’s bent, and a taste for vengeance. He has an alarming temperament, little impulse control, and less decency. He has a demagogue’s instinct for finding enemies and a bully’s instinct for finding their weaknesses. He is uninterested in policy, unrestrained by shame, and unbound by norms.

He surrounds himself with sycophants and enablers, and he believes both the facts and the falsehoods he finds congenial.

TRUMP = BOSH

That sounds a bit like David Cameron what you are describing there,

He's just the man who was opportunistic enough to use the anger felt towards a generation (or more) of failed politicians to his advantage.

He's built his campaign on targeting communities that have had the heart ripped out of them as factories, mines and workshops have closed taking jobs and a sense of community and identity with them. Politicians have paid lip service to the issues but have never really cared or worked for these people. Trump won't either of course but he's spoken to them and used them to further his own aims by at least acknowledging them.

Merkel and Hollande will be next to feel the peoples anger, liberalism has had it's day for the time being, I just hope it doesn't go too far right?

Expect to see more of these over the Middle East with the usual out come of civilians getting killed.

Attachments

• IMG_2785.JPG
    IMG_2785.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 11
The worrying thing is that the republicans now hold the presidency, the Senate and Congress, this means Trump can do more or less what he likes and they will have to vote in favour of him

On a more positive note there is now plenty of work for brickies.

f52ec274e5026da5e027cc0450caa7ef.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

These posts are interesting lol.

The Like button kind of shows you the left and right side of DW lol.

I said to my wife he will win, you cannot deny that he loves America, they are a very theatrical people; and he is a very theatrical man.

All that protesting is the same as Brexit it will all boil over once the lefties realise that there is nothing they can do...

There would be little protest if Hillary would of won because it would of been more of the same, but this is a massive upset - of course there will be protest - lefties love a protest - since the days of tree hugging, and chaining themselves to railings lol.

America its all good, he might even surprise you. Worst case is he does exactly what you think he will, and there will be no surprise :)

Mick

Brexit has boiled over? :eh?:

No Doubt when the article is triggered we will have a few outbreaks of protesting but that will also boil over.

The pound needed to fall, it was too high we had little export sales... Germany hate the fact we are becoming more attractive to external business.

When we finally leave our pound will plummet again, lefties will call it a crisis but jobs will rise due to our export potential and the attractive position of the pound to other countries. Housing will hopefully come in line with reality.

The downside is our holidays will cost a bomb :(
Shopping for european items will be more expensive, but might force us to buy our homegrown items (not a bad thing right).

It will all work itself out in the end... or not lol.

I reckon trump will get bored with it and quickly become a puppet to his minions a bit like borris and Nigel. Win the fight then quickly feck off and let someone else sort the mess out

I reckon trump will get bored with it and quickly become a puppet to his minions a bit like borris and Nigel. Win the fight then quickly feck off and let someone else sort the mess out

We live in hope.

Trump has spoken to May..."Mr Trump, who mother was Scottish, said the UK was a "very, very special place for me and for our country" No 10 said."

Bad news is you better let us win tomorrow night or your getting nuked. :Angryfire .....Good news is miggys getting it first. :proud:

Trump has spoken to May..."Mr Trump, who mother was Scottish, said the UK was a "very, very special place for me and for our country" No 10 said."

Bad news is you better let us win tomorrow night or your getting nuked. :Angryfire .....Good news is miggys getting it first. :proud:
:Yikes: :LOL: pmpl

Trump seems to have considerably moderated his tone in the two days since his election. I suspect that his campaign reflected the way he has always done business: say what is needed to get what he wants, then renege on all of his promises. Hopefully, wiser heads in his government will keep him in check, anyway.

What really worries me is what will happen the first time that there is a dispute between America and Russia, which could happen next year over Syria. Trump and Putin are both obstinate characters who don't like to compromise and could easily push each other to the brink of war.

I think as a business man he is fine, but as for running the USA big mistake if you ask me but we will see.

Back