preorder from Argos

reggie124

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have preorder from PS3 from Argos last week. this morning i recieved a letter about delivery. does this mean i am guaranty PS3 on launch day?

anyone else recieved the letter?

i order last week also from argos. Haven't got a letter tho yet.
what did your letter say about the delivery, I know on the website it says they will do there best to deliver on the launch date

If you ordered one from Argos you are guaranteed one as they are not overselling their quota.

I got the letter today and it says my PS3 will be delivered on 23rd March 2007 between 8am and 6pm. If no1 is there it will get redelivered on Saturday then again on Monday etc.

this is the first part of the letter i recieved from Argos

pre-ordered playstaion 3
cat no 568-3707

thank you for pre-ordering your playstaion 3 with Argos. we are writing to you to keep you up to date with what will happen next.
delivery of your Playstaion 3 will take place on 23rd March 2007 between the hours of 8.00 - 18.00 to the address that you nominated when you placed your order. if you are unavailiable on the 23rd March. The delivery will be re attempted on saturday 24th March. In the event that you miss your delivery on Saturday 24th march it will be attempted again on the Monday 26th March.

I should get a letter soon then as i ordered it on the 2nd of feb dead early lol. At least we know were going to get it on the launch date, i can plan a day off work now lol

I should get a letter soon then as i ordered it on the 2nd of feb dead early lol. At least we know were going to get it on the launch date, i can plan a day off work now lol

lol only problem is im guessing when it arrives the controller will need charged, so it may sit there teasing you for an hour or two.

there is that lol

Also seen that grand turismo HD is free to download but it's 630mb and on a 2mb boardband thats going to take a while lol

I wonder if you can do other things while it is downloading

I know i will be making alot of cups of tea while i look in awe at my george forman grilling machine, I mean PS3.

Anyone else think it looks like one or just me

Last edited:
I ordered mine on the 2nd, Has nyone ordered on the 3rd or after that and had a letter? I still haven't had a letter :( I see they are still selling them, they must have loads, or maybe they're lying...

there is that lol

Also seen that grand turismo HD is free to download but it's 630mb and on a 2mb boardband thats going to take a while lol

I wonder if you can do other things while it is downloading

I know i will be making alot of cups of tea while i look in awe at my george forman grilling machine, I mean PS3.

Anyone else think it looks like one or just me

http://www.therealps3grill.com

You're not the only one!

LoooooooL OMG does look like a george forman
i get a george foraman instead got same specs at PS3 save me few bob lool
Just connect it up to Me Tv mmmmmm be one fun console lol

if you got the letter from Argos - yes you are guaranteed.

I got one and I rang them up to confirm as i've still got pre-orders from 5 other companies and they've said yes it's guaranteed.

So can't wait til 23rd!

Don't know whether to cancel the other 4 pre-orders or keep em!

so a bit slow on the uptake what `s the proice gonna be @ argos for the ps3

on the ps3 whilst d/loading u cannot do anything else with it, it completely locks it up which is a bit of a bad s/w design

this is going to be fixed and ready for the european launch.

The downloading will occur in the background now. This was a statement issued by Phil Harrison (if that's what he's called) a few days ago.This means you can do other things while the downloads finish.

I don't know whether the firmware will be available to download for the UK PS3 or whether it will already have it on when launched.

Hey I am thinking about pre-ordering one but when do they take the money? I dont want to pre-order now be £430 down until I get it.

argos you need to pay in full £424.99 + £4.95 for delivery
choiceUK £30 min deposit
Games there is 2 choices with games only

Hey I am thinking about pre-ordering one but when do they take the money? I dont want to pre-order now be £430 down until I get it.

Mines was taken out a few days after ordering it from argos.

same here, mine was taken out a few days after i had order. This was due to Barclays making sure that some 15 year old hadn't got hold of my card lol.

but still got my letter from argos saying i will get it on the launch date. Roll on the 23rd of march

Back