hatab

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just need a keeper now :)

Premier League - Squillaci on verge of Arsenal deal

Eurosport - Sun, 22 Aug 22:41:00 2010

Sevilla have confirmed they have accepted an offer from Arsenal for defender Sebastien Squillaci.

The Frenchman is currently en route to England for a medical on Monday with a view to signing for the Gunners ahead of next Tuesday's transfer deadline.

A statement on the Sevilla website read: "Defender Sebastien Squillaci is tonight travelling to London to have a medical at Arsenal, the club he will be transferred to after an agreement was reached by the two clubs pending the results of the medical."

Squillaci, 30, will strengthen an Arsenal rearguard weakened by the departures of William Gallas, Mikael Silvestre, Sol Campbell and Philippe Senderos if he does put pen to paper and complete a move to Arsene Wenger's men.

The former Lyon centre-half, who joined Sevilla from Les Gones two years ago, asked to be left out of the side for the Champions League play-off against Braga last week so he would not be cup-tied for European competition.

Never know A mate... this sounds like good news at 30 though I dunno the difference between him and gallas lol... but I also know that gallas did not talk to anyone at arsenal lmao.

I think we should go and buy schwarzer from fulham he wants to come to us and out of him and given he is better at coming out for crosses. even though given is in my opinion the better choice.

When looking at the team I think we could do with another striker too mate.

if van persie gets injured... wait let me start again lol WHEN van persie gets injured there will be no experience in the striking line up, we should look at taking santa cruise from city but they will probably loan him to Millwall lol.

Mickie

Hi Mickie D

Was listening earlier to talksport....Danny spud kelly and Philip oclare from France Football came on and said Squillaci is the sort of player you need in dressing room brings everybody together a talker and motivator.

he is 6ft 1" and supposed to be good in the air, not the fastest but evidently reads the game very well, ok he is 30 but if anybody can get any milage out of him Wenger will..........i hope.

looks like if Schwarzer deal fails then its .....

Arsenal will turn their attention to Ajax goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg if they fail to land Mark Schwarzer from Fulham.

Arsene Wenger seems desperate to sign a goalkeeper before the end of the transfer window, with the Frenchman seemingly running out of faith with Manuel Almunia.

Wenger has had two bids turned down for Schwarzer with Fulham holding out for around £4m.

But at 37, Wenger is reluctant to spend that much on the Australian and if Fulham dig their heels in over a move, he will look elsewhere.

Insiders at Manchester City have confirmed to talkSPORT that under no circumstances will Shay Given be allowed to leave for the Emirates.

City do not want to sell to anyone they consider a rival - which is why they fought hard to keep Craig Bellamy away from Tottenham - which means Given is a no-go for Wenger.

Ajax, however, are willing to listen to offers for Holland international Stekelenburg, who kept goal for the Dutch in their run to the World Cup final this summer.

At 27, he represents greater long term value than Schwarzer and with Ajax reluctantly admitting they need to sell some of their star names this summer, Stekelenburg would be available for around £7m.

Back