pre soldered chips

dazzlet

Inactive User
Reaction score
are any of the pre soldered chips for the wii any good i really would like to chip my wii but i dont think i am confidant enough to solder it and i dont really want to send it through the post to have it chipped and i live in bransley south yorshire and cant find anywhere near enough for me to take it to get it chipped cheers

which chip would you guys recomed that i could get that doesnt need soldering. which ones have the easiest ways to update them i looked at some and they could only be updayed by jtag and i would like a way easier than jtag to update the chip if it needs be

my wii is a GC2-D2C chipset so bearing that in mind which would you say was the best chip for me

Pre-Soldered D2CKey & Easy Clip

Pre-Soldered D2CPro & Easy Clip

or any others that would be better to use with my wii bear in mind i would like ease of updat which may be via disc i think so i wouldnt have to keep taking the wii apart thanks

some reading has lead me to think the Argon solderless clip might be the best but can anybody tell me how i would update this when it so needs it as it cant be done via disc can it you need some sort of programmer wich i dont know where to get it from also does it mean that everytime it needs updating the wii will have to be opened back up?

Last edited:
I can supply you with an Argon, Wii Clip and Programmer if you want.

Id make sure you check to see if its D2C2 (serial #) before proceeding

i searched the serial number on a site which told me that it was a GC2-D2C chipset i would be interested in you selling me the pre soldered chip with the clip for me to just sort of plug and play but how do i updat it when it needs updating do i have to open the machine up every time? thanks

No, currently Argon 1.8 f/w is stable but thats only for D2C (1/1.5)

If you needed to update, you would need to either fit the update cable and time of install, or fit when updating and attach it to the injectus USB programmer.

so would the argon chip work with my wii and if so how would i fit the update cable during install also how much would you charge for the pre soldered chip and the cables and things i would need for it cheers

What is your Wii's serial number? All we need to know is LEx1xxxx (of it)

I route the update cable around the wii and out by the rear USB ports, you can then attach the JTack and use a sticky pad to fix it to the top of the Wii

does the update cable come with the programmer or the chip. also will i have to solder the update cable to the chip or the updater or do they just plug in?

update cable comes with chip, and plugs into a socket located on the chip.

for the Argon need the JTag prgrammer, got mine off Jase.

Thanks for the reminder :)

i`ve still got 20+ programmers left so i`m open to decent offers on them if anybody needs them. they all have to go :)

regards
jase

Thanks for the reminder :)

i`ve still got 20+ programmers left so i`m open to decent offers on them if anybody needs them. they all have to go :)

regards
jase

NP fella, do I need to get that SIS chip fitted to my Argon, Wii is D2C not D2C2?

Back