Powergen

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone here with powergen for gas and electric that can tell me there price per unit please :)

Thanks

Not sure about pices m8, but i got conned with them a couple of years ago, canvasas came round trying to talk me into going with them for gas and elec said i wernt intrested then he tells me about the pound a week gas board were charging me on elec he said they dont have a standing charge he even showed me on my meter so i went with them for gas and elec.

Now when i was with british gas i used to get roughly fifty quid a year refund, so i thought should be around a ton with them with no standing charge of a pound a week, so a year came and went never thought about it then another year went by, so i gave them a ring to ask about my refund and they said i was not in credit, when i checked my meter the standing charge was still there and it was 1 pound twenty five so i rang them again and it apears they still charge it per week but its not called a standing charge they call it something else lol.
I phoned back and had a go at them i said the bloke who came had lied to me the lady at there end said he had not lied but may have missled me so told them to stick it and went back to british gas.

Never checked if they were still cheaper, they may well be, but i was fumeing lol

Derek

Howdy Rat,

There is no way of knowing how much a unit of G/E is because there is diferent tariffs.

Have you got a recent bill?? did you keep the information pack when you joined??

BTW its not powergen anymore its E.ON...

http://www.eonenergy.com/At-Home/?WT.svl=3

Try putting your postcode in on this page and see if it will tell you :)

cheers guys
reason I ask is they knocked on my door the other night trying to sell there gas/electric to me,bit like yourself derek

they assured me they was cheaper and fixed rate for 2 years,I sent him packing as I sign nothing on my doorstep

well a neighbour said they was really cheaper hence me wanting to find out there price per unit and not only that you get £70 (I think it is) back if you sign up through quidco :)

they work it out some right funny way from the meter readings you will have to call and ask for the equation
its something like x1000 x 1.0264 x 39 % 3.6 = this gives me the units used and price is 4.335 p for the 1st 2000 per 1/4 and then 2.774p there after As mentioned they work it out many diff ways
i know thats as i recently called them to find out why my bill was huge lol ....

yeah I know its weired how they do it 2primo the wife deals with all that as she is good with figures :)

tbh I'm happy with British Gas just wondered if anyone had a unit price that I could compare :)

I always get these fookers knockin ! pain in the ass ! They promise you that you will save at least £100 per year, " can you show me a tariff then please so i can compare " ? " No, havent got one. but you will save £ 100 per year. " How the fook do they know i will save if they dont know what i am payin now ???? every time you say youre not interested they respond with " so you dont want to save money then " : asshole

I tell them i have a pre pay meter now and they r gone off me doorstep, not interested in them.:banana:

I always get these fookers knockin ! pain in the ass ! They promise you that you will save at least £100 per year, " can you show me a tariff then please so i can compare " ? " No, havent got one. but you will save £ 100 per year. " How the fook do they know i will save if they dont know what i am payin now ???? every time you say youre not interested they respond with " so you dont want to save money then " : asshole

I tell them i have a pre pay meter now and they r gone off me doorstep, not interested in them.:banana:

LOL thats funny..

If you get npower at your door and you say no, they will just sign you up anyway lol..

I work for them and have a company vehical.. and dont get knocks on doors like this.. they see my car and walk past.. what they dont know is my fuel comes from a totally diferent provider..

Wanna do my job lol.. abuse allday.. this week i am isueing warrents of intent to gain entry.............. nice :|

I had one of these eon twats on my door the other day wanting to sell us electric/gas... i was laying down an the guy said to my misses "can i check your meter, think you might be paying the wrong charges" so she lets him in as its under stairs infront of door... He then goes "yes your paying more than you would with us.." wife was like, well that isnt what you said you wanted to check is it .... he goes "sign here please and you will have cheaper bills" she was like, no not intrested... leave. an he wouldnt go..! I had to come down stairs bat in hand an bloke flew out the door with smoke on his heels...! just think if it were a pensioner ??!!!! cheeky twat.

Yep, had a similar one while I was visiting my parents house. Mum answered the door, and she was there a while, so I earwigged round the corner to see who it was. I could hear him giving it the hard sell, and Mum saying, ooh, no, I don't think so, but he kept on and on, I could hear in her voice she was getting stressed, so I barged out like a fooking lunatic, banged the door open fully and told him to piss off and stop harrasing little old ladies. He went in two seconds flat... Wank3rs... She was in a right state when she came back in....

Anyway, USwitch would be your best bet mate, I suspect...

When E-On etc come-a-knocking I just tell them I'm tied in with British Gas so not to waste their time. Sometimes that get's rid of them and sometimes they say something like I am not actually tied in and I can end the contract at any time.

My reply then goes something like: Well, yes, but I would have a large fee to pay, but I suppose if you really wanted my custom you would pay that, wouldn't you?

Again that usually get's them to clear off!

To be honest I think they all end up about the same anyway...

MM

Back