Powered splitter advise needed FDU-51

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I managed to get hold of one of these for £20 and it landed this morning. I'm running quite a bit of gear and I'm wondering how do you set it up ?. It does have an instruction manual but it's very techy with no pictures and is not home user user friendly.

Here you go mate

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

had a quick look about found this ?

This is what arrived , I followed this guide

but I'm not getting any power light on the FDU-51

Attachments

• IMG_20170920_111908.jpg
    IMG_20170920_111908.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 11
LOL
we all posted the same time :)

I've sent a cable from the FDU-51 far right connection to the PSU then the main one that I want constantly on connecting to the far left. the others would be for the TiVo and etc ...
When I do this there is a marked improvement in the Power dBmV and the SNR db but no green light on the FDU-51. it says " NO LIGHTY NO POWERY" :)

You don need the isolator if your line already has one.

The one i setup was a 2 way hdu200 so a lot different to yours.

Last edited:
Do I simply add a f connector cable from the PSU to any of the 2 far right inputs ?, and, should the FDU-51 itself just light up to say it's getting juice or only when there's things connected ?
I have a small white cable in a bag that I can't figure out what it's for with a male and female f connector connections

Thats what it look like from that vid.

Im thinking the light is faulty as you would not see an increase in gain if it was not powered test that theory by turning the psu off and checking the signal levels before and after.

I sussed it Ferret,

The far left F socket on the FDU-51 says in small print;- "Power On" (didn't have me goggles on :) ). I thought that was where your meant to screw in a permanent feed say the modem so it would stay on if the PSU went off but it's not, its were you put the power line feed in from the PSU plug. I don't think there is a permanent F socket on the FDU-51 but I'm not to fussed tbh.
It's taken the downstream power from a -1 - + 4.5 to a +6.9 - +11.4 and everythings working fine. I stuck an isolator on the end of in incoming feed then out to the FDU-51. Hopefully this should sort out any low signal strength going upstairs as it was a pain in the backside.

Yeah things are fine touch wood, tbh I'm quite impressed signal power and SNR are the best I've had in here

Back