Power cable query

logicearl

Inactive User
Reaction score
Had my Vu+ Duo turn up this morning, and found it has the european 2 pin plug. Now I was just going to chop the end off, and wire it up to a uk 3 pin plug, but I've found another cable, which I think powered a now deceased dvd player. It has a 3amp fuse fitted, can I use this instead? The cables seem to be of the same thickness, with both haveing 2 x 0.75mm2 stamped on them.

if you cut the plug off, you instantly void the warranty, if you open and change the cable by soldering to the power supply board, you void the warranty. the retailer is actually breaking UK law by selling you the receiver like this, it should have an EU adaptor that screws over the EU plug and turns it into a UK plug supplied with it

another option is to use a plastic stick to push down the pin protectors in the socket by pushing the plastic down in the earth hole, and the EU plug will now fit into the bottom holes on the UK socket, BUT, this is dangerous and should only be used as a temporary measure as the plug can move, causing arcing and a fire if left unattended

You could use a shaver adapter.
I chopped the plug off and wired a shiny new 3 pin plug on. The best that wilkies could offer. :)
Wizbit77

Back