Power Banks

Curious123

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello All,
I am travelling abroad soon for about a month and looking to purchase a power bank for use with our phones but something possibly capable of powering a pc in emergency situations. Any recommnedations?

If you're taking or hiring a car then an inverter would be the solution if you want to power a pc. No way are you doing it from a power bank 🤭

how about a raspberry pi this could be powered from a power bank inverters are crap
for powering pc in car situations going from 12v to 240 back to 12v is iinefficient

I've seen after-market 'universal' laptop supplies that can step 12V up to 19V without going the 12V~240V~19V route.
But if it's a power bank you are really after, check out Big Clive on YT, he rips some apart, some of the cheap ones are actually not that bad.

there are plenty of 12 options for pc power supplies for cars
check out the carnetix for laptops , or the dsatx for any other system but these are more for in car computer systems

Hello Guys,
Thanks for all your replies. The last time I was on a plane the girl sitting next to me used a power bank to power what I thought was her pc which was what made me ask about using one for my pc. Looking back it could have been a Mac or an Ipad pro so perhaps those behave differently when it comes to power. Thanks again.

Maybe something like a tablet with a keyboard they can run at 5v.

Back