Possible to change the Dbox plug?

camelgrinder

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi just got my Dbox2, it has a german 2 pin plug on it. Is it possible to just cut the wire and put on a uk plug? If so is it just brown and blue wires like normal plug wiring?

camelgrinder said:
Hi just got my Dbox2, it has a german 2 pin plug on it. Is it possible to just cut the wire and put on a uk plug? If so is it just brown and blue wires like normal plug wiring?

as victor says....i do not believe it...lol..:Jester:

You can literally cut the european plug off and attach a UK one... its just the normal wires.

camelgrinder said:
Hmmm if you are asking that then i cant wait till you try to put an image on it.
You are taking the piss ?:Jester:

Open the box up and unplug the lead from its socket, you can use an old power lead and adapt the connectors on the plug that connects to the main board on the german lead to fit the replacement or go to maplins and find a near match, they have lots of that shit at maplins, you will need some sort of crimping tool though.

Most nokia free to view recievers have the same plug just swap it over like loady just said.

loady said:
Open the box up and unplug the lead from its socket, you can use an old power lead and adapt the connectors on the plug that connects to the main board on the german lead to fit the replacement or go to maplins and find a near match, they have lots of that shit at maplins, you will need some sort of crimping tool though.
Sounds like hard work to me cut it off put a 3 pin one on simple really

its very simple move to germany and then no more probs at all

lol

cheers

If you stick a screwdriver in the earth socket of the inlet you can put the two pin plug in to the three pin socket.

go to b+q and get a euro to uk plug adapter, cost me £1.68

:Jester:

or what i use is a shaver adaptor couple of quid from tesco and dosent look too bad when plugged in like some of them foreign adapters

Yes but only while im drying my hair with the wifes hairdryer

its best and the most fun to watch it under water lovely effect when you have a fart smells nice too thats the best entertainment you can get with all the bubbles

lol

cheers

Don't be wicked guy's we can't all be genius.... play nice.

Buy a 2pin to uk plug adapter any electrical retailer only about £2. then yu don't have to cut any wires or use a screwdriver on the earth outlet or move to Germany. They just clip in and that it

dont worry m8 their just taking the p**S some of them,i got it as well they are very helpful i can assure you many times ive been stuck and most if not all these guys on the forum can give you really good advice its just their little joke :Cheers:

Other things

Thanx for the replies on the plug, i have a new question...

The Dbox remote came with german batteries, but they no longer work. Can i use english batteries or do i need to order them from Germany?

Back