possible scam

billyefc1

Inactive User
Reaction score
today i received a call on my mobile,it was from argos,they said someone had placed an order,and could i confirm it,my wife was at the sales so maybe.they then asked my name,it was only when they asked which bank i banked with that i became worried.i told them my wife holds a argos card and would use this.they then said not to worry it must be a mistake,as someone was trying to open a argos account using my mobile number and they would deal with it.when they hung up there was no number on my phone to phone back,it could be so easy to give your details over the phone,giving them my name was worrying enough:Kickassro :NoNo: :NoNo:

That don't sound too good - sneaky fekers.
Just aswell u was quick thinking and caught urself in time.
Thanks for the heads up.

Moved to Scams for u m8 ;)

when these people are caught the banks should never allow them to have a bank account or even a post office account ,

Classic !!! well done mate.

besides, just to advise you.. nobody can open an account with you name or your mobile number.. they need much more details to do that..

even then, if someone does manage to open the account.. its done over a few months not in instant..

it is as simple as that... Genuine callers always have your details and wont ask for details like date of birth and whats this and that..

If you are in doubt terminate the call straight away.. its not rude..

thats interesting, coz a bout 2 years ago some fooker managed to open an account in my name with natwest. they had my name adn where i worked, which was written on the side of van i had then. besides that dont know how they done it. wasnt till i got letters about upgrading the standard guarentee on several products i informed the police. they had used it from london to manchester. they were using a card with my name but not my number, probably the one natwest issued them with. Not safe at all...

Back