portable mini satellite kit

andywhitt2

Inactive User
Reaction score
Which one of these would you all think would be the best for my dad boat.

h**p://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=48737&&source=14&doy=20m3

h**p://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?detail=full&ModuleNo=99045&doy=20m3#mo re_info

They both seem very small dishes but they have universal fixings and are portable. If you want to actually mount onto a boat then i'm not sure you will get anything watchable, but if its to fix somewhere stable that doesnt move then they should be fine. They both do the same job so I'd go with the cheaper one at £55 because the expensive one at 100 quid just has a fancy case that it all comes in. Possibly the more expensive case version has some extra universal fixings, and it does fold away neatly but does that make it worth 45 quid more?
If you want a very basic budget set-up then just stick with the cheapest. :)

Boat

Yea m8 looked at them myself,the bracket spins round so you can fit it to a pole, asuming its a widebeam steel boat these have them on as ive seen in the marinas which are live-aboards but if you are thinking to fit on a boat its a no go , you mount them on a pole on the towpath of the canal or river, boats move to much when you move on them,even just standing up will put the signal 1000s of miles out, if its on a mooring fasten a pole to the jetty post and youll be ok

hi

i would go for the cheap 1 as well but will it not be hard geting a signal on a boat.

woz

My M8 has one of these cheap systems for the caravan , and says they are
very easy to set up , and thinks they are great.

fezzy

Back