Port forwarding on VM Super Hub 3

bolts54

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys has anyone had any success with port forwarding, I need to 3 ports, I have managed 2 (554, 8000) but cant find a third to open, have tried different ports but no luck.

Thanks for looking.

You are best to use your own router mate, i havnt used a stock router from virgin since 2005 and i have never looked back.

I received the new white hub at xmas aswell and unknown to me i heard people had issues with port forwarding on these routers but it did,nt affect me as i,m using a ddwrt open source router, i did notice the lights changed colour last month to pink, i assume that was a software update to maybe fix the issue you are having but unsure.

Yeah, get yourself a cheap router and flash it with OpenWRT or DD-WRT and you won't have to worry about the combo router and modem's horrible stock firmware.

home hub 3 will not port forward due to idiots at virgin media tech , there firware states its forwarding but will not locks you out,, at the minute avoid home hub 3, serious firmware issues with rebooting all the time, and trying to take a update and cant if you check modem logs it tells you trying to update and fails.!

Back