Police held down an innocent man on train and put a gun to his head

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you but it would be nice if they stopped shooting and arresting innocent people would it not ?

humm, well in a free (lol) country, everyone arrested is innocent, unless or until they are found guilty by a court. and i dont recall many people, with the exception of the fleeing, deaf Brazilian being shot without good cause. how many has it happened to in the last ten years? i agree it would be nice, but in reality it is impossible to be ensure that everyone, arrested or challenged by our police, is guilty of some crime.

now if you look at Brazil, at any one time, up to 35% of its police force is either awaiting, going through or suspended pending, investigation of major crimes. murder being one of the lesser crimes involved. you can be sure that if the error was made in Brazil, not only the fleeing deaf man but the more vocal members of his family would have vanished, relegated to a support role in some road system. this man's death was tragic, but it reflects on the officers involved and their direct commanders, not on the police service as a whole, IMHO.

i say carry on with no change. can you imagine the uproar if a cop did not challenge someone one day, and he went on to cause death and mayhem?

Last edited:
humm, well in a free (lol) country, everyone arrested is innocent, unless or until they are found guilty by a court. and i dont recall many people, with the exception of the fleeing, deaf Brazilian being shot without good cause. how many has it happened to in the last ten years? i agree it would be nice, but in reality it is impossible to be ensure that everyone, arrested or challenged by our police, is guilty of some crime.

now if you look at Brazil, at any one time, up to 35% of its police force is either awaiting, going through or suspended pending, investigation of major crimes. murder being one of the lesser crimes involved. you can be sure that if the error was made in Brazil, not only the fleeing deaf man but the more vocal members of his family would have vanished, relegated to a support role in some road system. this man's death was tragic, but it reflects on the officers involved and their direct commanders, not on the police service as a whole, IMHO.

i say carry on with no change. can you imagine the uproar if a cop did not challenge someone one day, and he went on to cause death and mayhem?

Don't quite get the whole "Brazil" thing, I dont live there......anyho........so you are ok with the use of lethal force on an innocent victim with no comeback to the PC ?

Forget Brazil mate, you should move to China !!

that was a joke right ..

beware cavemen. ooooh i'm so scared :banana:

No, but some silly girls think that bush started this terrorist war, I think they are forgetting about the Muslim cranks who blindly follow Bin and the gang, that's what I find funny

Tell that to the guy they shot in the face 5 times before he had a chance to shit himself ! :banana:

(ALSO AN INNOCENT MAN)

Nothing to fear.... yeah right

Your a smart arse, what would you have done?? you sit in front of a computer ranting on about the police.but never say what you would do or how the police should act
If it was one of your kids blown to bits in the Glasgow Airport saga you would be ranting about how the police did nothing and wanting compo.
Like someone has said it's a thankless job

Your a smart arse, what would you have done?? you sit in front of a computer ranting on about the police.but never say what you would do or how the police should act
If it was one of your kids blown to bits in the Glasgow Airport saga you would be ranting about how the police did nothing and wanting compo.
Like someone has said it's a thankless job

I am really sorry to hear about all the kids dying at Glasgow Airport :roflmao:

And if I am a smart arse then I am in very good company am I not ?

As for your "question", the one thing I can tell you is I would not have shot him 5 times in the head, and yes I have been in similar circumstances, have you ?....or are you the one who is just sitting behind your wee computer ranting ? :banana:

As for your "question", the one thing I can tell you is I would not have shot him 5 times in the head, and yes I have been in similar circumstances, have you ?....or are you the one who is just sitting behind your wee computer ranting ? :banana:

I am not ranting child, and why am I not surprised the hear that you have been in this situation

But you still did not answer , what would you do ? O'great one

I am not ranting child, and why am I not surprised the hear that you have been in this situation

But you still did not answer , what would you do ? O'great one

Arrest him ?...search him ?... it is possible you know :banana:

And you are a ranting child :nerner: but thankfully it dont make you a bad person lol

its stuff like this that has made me stay away from this site for so long. fubar, all you ever do is tell people how right you are and how wrong everyone else is. you would never have shot that poor guy like that as you have no idea how you would have reacted at the time. the police did right by their orders at the time. you know its a shame i see things like this getting spouted all over this site. i read that post from about no arguments, is this for everyone or just for a few coz the way i see it there is a group of people here who just say things to cause strife and never help. and this is waht made me like this place in the first place, i asked for help and got it straight away.

its stuff like this that has made me stay away from this site for so long. fubar, all you ever do is tell people how right you are and how wrong everyone else is. you would never have shot that poor guy like that as you have no idea how you would have reacted at the time. the police did right by their orders at the time. you know its a shame i see things like this getting spouted all over this site. i read that post from about no arguments, is this for everyone or just for a few coz the way i see it there is a group of people here who just say things to cause strife and never help. and this is waht made me like this place in the first place, i asked for help and got it straight away.

"The police did right" ?.... best not argue with you, will be accused of "how right I am again"

It is obvious that you don't have similar views to myself and that is fine, but don't think you are fair as I have yet to see any members running around the site argueing about how wrong they are ?

There is few members on here whos views I do not agree with (thank god as it would be a tad boring otherwise) but instead of standing on the sidelines I would rather get involved and find out why they think what they do and how they came to make those decisions, and yes I will put my thoughts and feeling forward too (something I make no apollogy for) and as for me allways being right, well I suggest you read some more as I have been wrong several times on this site and don't mind saying it either.

yeah the police did right, they followed their orders they had. if they didnt follow orders then whats the point of them being there in the first place? they aint there to decide who is a terrorist and who isnt they are there to go get them and stop them (in the case of these guys anyway).

yeah the police did right, they followed their orders they had. if they didnt follow orders then whats the point of them being there in the first place? they aint there to decide who is a terrorist and who isnt they are there to go get them and stop them (in the case of these guys anyway).

You think they were ordered to shoot him dead ?

as it happens they were: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Kratos

these were the orders they were under at the time.

Was it not a pre prerequisite that they actually find a "terrorist" ?.... or will anyone with a big coat suffice ?

And before anyone comes off about him running away, if I was in a foriegn country and 3 dudes not in police uniform pointed a gun at me, I would be off like a scalded cat too !!

have you actualy read that...shot while held in a bearhug with his arms pinned to his sides.....while pinned why didn't they cuff the fecker insted of repainting the train with his brains.
sorry i wouldn't trust a copper again i was looking at 7 yrs for wearing a green jumper once (long story) and my dad used to work closely with them in his job and the stories he told me were unbelievable, he used to have the greatest respect for them now says he wouldn't p!ss on one if he was on fire.

have you actualy read that...shot while held in a bearhug with his arms pinned to his sides.....while pinned why didn't they cuff the fecker insted of repainting the train with his brains.
sorry i wouldn't trust a copper again i was looking at 7 yrs for wearing a green jumper once (long story) and my dad used to work closely with them in his job and the stories he told me were unbelievable, he used to have the greatest respect for them now says he wouldn't p!ss on one if he was on fire.

7 yrs for a green jumper ?.... thats nothing mate, you should try a heavy coat, it a killer

But fully agree with you, can't really believe that peeps argue the cops were right ?... unbelievable

Like I said Karym6, peeps argueing the police were right, never said it was you did I ?

again twisting things to match your views.

I dont recall anyone saying the police did the right thing in this incident. However, did they behave correctly according to their orders? The answer has to be yes.

Were the orders given incorrectly? In my personal opinion, yes they were.

Given your experience old boy, have you ever heard of an illegal order ? If I was given similar orders but the situation developed to the point where the target was completely subdued and not capable of causing anyone any harm even if he was a bomber, I would not have said "feck it kill him anyway"

Honestly cant believe peeps believe this :err:

Who are also the police...

I agree, with you I dont think the officers doing the gun pointing on that occasion did anything wrong I do believe the police that made the orders were wrong, does anyone know what the information was that they actually had to justify that is??

Last edited:
Yes i have heard of an illegal order, but this has no bearing on the way the police operated on that day. They constabled executing the orders were correct, in my opinion those giving them were incorrect.

The officers were not there to question these orders, they knew full well what they entailed.

So just to clarify, you are ok with the execution of civilians on the streets of the UK without trial ?

Simply because they are "suspected" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back