Police dog shoes for Muslim homes ITN need shooting

hatab

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please read all the story, its this sort of reporting that just stirs stuff up for no reason, I only linked the story so people hear can see what a right load of trip the story is........

ITN - 40 minutes ago

Police dogs could be forced to wear bootees when they search Muslim homes to avoid causing offence.

The Association of Chief Police Officers came up with the suggestion to increase respect for cultural sensitivities as it draws up new guidelines on the use of police dogs.

Dogs are considered "unclean" in Islamic culture and many Muslims refuse to have direct contact with the animals.

It is understood the new guidance could include a recommendation that sniffer dogs should wear rubber-soled bootees when entering mosques and Muslim homes.

A spokesman for the association said: "Where possible the police will take cultural sensitivities into account, providing this does not interfere with effective operational policing."

Leading British imam Ibrahim Mogra said making sniffer dogs cover their feet would not be necessary.

He said: "In Islamic law the dog is not regarded as impure, only its saliva is. Most Islamic schools of law agree on that.

"If security measures require to send a dog into a house, then it has to be done."

surly once The Association of Chief Police Officers spoke to Leading British imam Ibrahim Mogra and he said it would be unnecessary that should have been the end of it, but they come out with there PC comments.

this should be in the rant room......

just the kinda stuff that the pc brigrade come up with to cause divisions and unrest between the communities.

total farce.

dogs are considered by muslims to stop angels coming into their homes.

"In Islamic law the dog is not regarded as impure, only its saliva is. Most Islamic schools of law agree on that.

"If security measures require to send a dog into a house, then it has to be done."

This is where things get out of hand. A mulim plays the whole thing down. But yet again the do gooders will stir the shit.

im muslim - love my dog to bits.

grandparents have lots of dogs and cats and other animals lol and they very devout too.

well a bit off topic but we muslims can be animal lovers too lol

im muslim - love my dog to bits.

grandparents have lots of dogs and cats and other animals lol and they very devout too.

well a bit off topic but we muslims can be animal lovers too lol

Very true!

what a load of bollox,if police are searching your house,they would have good evidence that you have been involved in criminal activity.

In which case you should be awarded no respect and no lengths should be gone to,to ensure you are not offended.

what a load of bollox,if police are searching your house,they would have good evidence that you have been involved in criminal activity.

In which case you should be awarded no respect and no lengths should be gone to,to ensure you are not offended.

You obviously don't read or watch the news much!

As they never get things wrong?

"The Association of Chief Police Officers came up with the suggestion"

and i wonder how much the tax payer pays for these idiots to come up with there suggestions...ive got a suggestion...get off yur arses and actually do your job of stopping crime instead of dreaming up ideas to put boots on your dogs, idiots

What eve happened to presumed innocent until proven guilty, as for the boots on the dogs it just gets better

I dont believe that crap.If the police search your house,they dont do it to normal people without reason.

"The Association of Chief Police Officers came up with the suggestion"

LOL it took more than one copper to come up with this including some senior police officers.

I guess this rebukes the idea that people make this stuff up to stir trouble.

British police really are this stupid or sensitive, depending on which side of the fence you're on.

I just keep getting a picture in my head of the police about to do a house search and doing a checklist before they go in......."door buster ?....CHECK......evidence bags?.....CHECK.....search warrant ?....CHECK.....doggie booties ?.......WTF !!! lol

The mind boggles, I wonder if it is not actually a dog but a bitch searchin a "muslim" house or house of worship will it be required to cover its face ? lol

A decision to kit out police dogs with {steel toecap protective boots} paid off after a break-in at a factory.

Earlier this year, Northumbria Police announced their dogs would wear the footwear to protect their paws from broken glass during searches.

Dog Max was fitted with the Bark 'n Boots to search a factory complex in Washington last week.

As a result a 36-year-old man was found by max and got his head kicked in,{he was later arrested at the local brain injuries rehabilitation unit on suspicion of burglary}

Sgt David Gregory, from the force's Public Order Training Unit, said: "We bought the boots so our dogs could walk safely over any surface.

"As well as providing protection during public order situations this incident shows how useful they can be during building searches when there is often glass on a persons head."

Im confused... Why would there be glass on a persons head during a search???

Totally agree these things are made up deliberately just to cause trouble, and then people dont read the full story and start getting angry about it... knowing how dumb the police can be, they will probably give the dogs £100,000 to go find their own shoes :) lol

only to find they dont fit, ending with the dog on long term sick leave due to the stress.

this is going too PC far, if you are in a country you abide by it's rules, not make new ones up every freakin week.

He said: "In Islamic law the dog is not regarded as impure, only its saliva is.

I don't think you'll find many Christians who say they enjoy a glass of Dog saliva either :)

Back