Point and Shoot Camera please

nyck

Inactive User
Reaction score
I was replacing my Minolta E323 (excellent camera) with a Nikon s220 ,the biggest mistake i've made ,99% of the photo were blurred any way thats gone back.

So i'm still after another easy to use camera
I dont mind selecting night mode/macro etc but dont want to be select iso's etc

I've read lots of good things about the Pansonic Lumix cameras

DMC-FS42 Argos clearance £67
DMC-FX40 Argos clearance £124
DMC-FS10 Play.com £120
or
Canon A480 Argos £59.99

There is one other ,Everyone seems to rave about it ,but i'm worried theres to many settings and options iwe would have to set up for each different photo enviroment.
FUJI Finepix F200exr New £148 Fuji refurb £112

I am basically looking a good Auto point and shoot thats not to big in size

thanks nyck

i got a Fuji FinePix F20FD, great little point and shot jobbie. i love it. the 'special scene' auto selection is good too (i.e. in bars, parties, landscapes, indoor, etc) and it has a option for 'movement' too. Also has face detection. few years old now so shouldn't be too expensive.

I got the Canon A480 for my sister who really is technophobic. Ideal point and click camera, there are some advanced options if you want to play if I remember but 99.99% of photos turned out great on the default settings.

Also uses standard AA batteries which means that though it may not hold as much charge as a li-ion, you'll be able to get batteries in an emergency. I think we ended up getting some of the low discharge 2300mah and that was good for around 150 shots with flash before recharge required.

Bought a Lumix at the beginning of the year - very happy with it.

hamba & Thommohawk

Which Lumix models did you buy

thanks

Back