poe

hi guys i think ive got the title right ! ive bought a big dome camera but ive been told it works off poe (power on ethernet) i thought i could just plug and play ! is it possible to set it up so i can use my dvr what i currently use for my other cctv cameras ! any info is appreciated guys thanks !

I think you just need a poe injector to sit inline between the cam and your router (or DVR) to provide the power.
If you're gonna have a few of these cams you'll probably want a multi port injector.

rawsy

DW F1 Champ 2010, 14
VIP Member
The balun is so analogue cameras can use cat5. As has been said a poe injector is what is required for poe ip cameras.

digi247

VIP Member
VIP Member
you can use the baluns the opposite way around, short cat cable from back of camera into balun connect that into existing RG59+power and do the same at the other end

thanks hippie much appreciated

- - - Updated - - -

thanks everyone for all the info its very much appreciated !

think im a bit out of my depth setting this up , ive looked at the injectors and it looks complicated, i used the wired set-up of cameras straight to the dvr and thought getting 1 of these would be simple to connect to the same set up + i could use the zoom and other facilities the big dome camera had to offer for the small price i paid fot it at a car boot sale !

why is it ive recieved an email saying kourakos has replied to the post but when i looked theres no reply ! i also notice hes a new member so is it hes just building up hes activation on here so he can make posts ! thanks guys

Bronto

Global Moderator
Staff member
@imyeman2000

Yes post by kourakos removed for "post clocking"

Not even worth reading

TEST