PocketGPS Speed Cam Database Ver5.023

digitech

Inactive User
Reaction score
can any one explain " the pocket gps speed cam database."
will work on tomtom.
where these file will on tomtom i means which folder.
your reply will be highly appreciated.

Just put them in the same folder as the map

A POI database, is basically a location file for tomtom which tells it the location of certain points of interest that people might be interested in, you can get POI for things like Asda stores, Argos Stores and the most usefull speed cameras.

You normally just copy the files into the map folder, then go to
TomTom > Change Preferences > Enable/Disable POI's if you have the POI files in the map folder, it should read them and the items should show up in that list, you can enable them or disable them if you want you can set a warning for them too
TomTom > Change Preferences > Next > Manage POIs > Warn when near POI

c9679.
which PocketGPS Speed Cam Database Ver5.023 will go on the tomtom.

Not too sure whats going on with the database on the site to be honest mate, its confused me too, you normally just copy the OVP and BMP files to the map folder however there seems to be a lot of them in the DB which has confused me too havent updated my DB in a while... Just copy them all from the Consolidated folder to your map folder

If you only want one category for all cameras then use the single file, if you preffer different warnings and categories for each of the types of cameras around use the TomTom Zoned

Last edited:
Not too sure whats going on with the database on the site to be honest mate, its confused me too, you normally just copy the OVP and BMP files to the map folder however there seems to be a lot of them in the DB which has confused me too havent updated my DB in a while... Just copy them all from the Consolidated folder to your map folder

If you only want one category for all cameras then use the single file, if you preffer different warnings and categories for each of the types of cameras around use the TomTom Zoned

thanks, most helpfull.

Back