plzz help me

harveybham

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi every one my names harvey and im 16. iv had my Dbox 2 for 5 weekz now and its wonderful ! i want to be able to do things now to the Dbox, for example add different plugins and so on. i hace the plugins downloaded to my pc but how do i put them to the box? i know that i need to connect my pc to the Dbox through a eternert cable which i have. what about the pc side do i need a program to install plugins. and what is a FTP ? im sorry if some of you are thinking oh god not another noob but im really intrested in this stuff and i just need some help. im fast learner so that should not be a problem.

thanks again guys

look for flashfxp m8 and plugins will go into the plugins folder

it's a cross over cable you need mate not a standard ethernet cable also a serial null modem cable ideally. you should be able to put them onto your box using a program called flash fxp

oh ok thanks for that guys. umm im a bit confused on this i have "bruteforce scan on my box but what is bruteforce scan? is it another way of scanning channles with out having to put the service.xlm files in ?

scanning for channels writes over the services.xml with all the channels it finds

oh ok this may sound a bit dumb lol but heres my question : can i just put the bruteforce file instead of the service.xlm or to use bruteforece i must have a service.xlm file installed

ok 2 qs

1 what image are you using

2 what area are you in

1: image im using is the sportster 17+uk04

2: im in the Birmingham Area

as its a uk image you should be able to do a scan but before you do make sure the you have the

bouquet set to leave current
fast scan off
scan for services all services
then make sure cable provider is for your area infact if you dont know your cable provider see if it comes up with cableuk sym6887

cheers m8

ohh ok cheers for your help mate sorry if i was asking simple questions i'll get used to this soon. should i do a scan often ? or just leave it ? i did a scan when i got the box about 5 weeks ago should i do another scan

did you do the steps i said before when you did the scan

harveybham said:
ohh ok cheers for your help mate sorry if i was asking simple questions i'll get used to this soon. should i do a scan often ? or just leave it ? i did a scan when i got the box about 5 weeks ago should i do another scan

Hi,

a new scan isn't necessary if you are receiving all of the channels, but you might want to do one everynow and again as new channels are often added. For ecample More4 a couple of weeks ago and ITV4 is coming soon. Remember to make a back up of your services.xml file first as you may want to revert back to the original.

de_deej

Back