Plumbing Advice

Napster

Global Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
need some advice when i run my hot water tap on the bath it starts to make a loud noise. like pipe in vibrating any ideas what this could be, dont think i have an air lock as water runs fine.

any plumbers on here that could help out

need some advice when i run my hot water tap on the bath it starts to make a loud noise. like pipe in vibrating any ideas what this could be, dont think i have an air lock as water runs fine.

all i can think off mate is the rubber in the tap body has warn might be worth checking first or maybe add a clip to the pipe

I used to get this one of my pipes as well mate, I put a vibration reducer in line and it stopped it... then changed the pipes around and it stopped lol !

could the washer on the header tank cause this, because i just turned this tap off and it stopped, hot water was still running but tank wasn't refilling

my hot water system is graverty feed so i told ?

the offending pipe must not be clipped properly causeing "water hammer"

thinkso anyway lol

mines is the same but never got round to fixing it lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Mine sounds the same, but the interesting thing is if i don't run the hot tap in the bath and wait for the rumbling noise before i start the power shower it sounds like there is no hot water getting to the shower. So there is something going wrong somewhere.

This can Also be down to an air blockage try turning on every tap hot and cold and run for 5 mins or so also fill washing machine at same time
i had a hell of a racket from my pipe and water pressure got low
opening every tap sorted it for me
but a few weeks later it started again i use a high pressure air bump stuck it on one of the taps turned them all on and the pump and its been ok for months
it worked for me

Y havnt u phoned me napster

There are 3 different causes of water hammer

1 ballvalve in ur header tank can be sticking which in turn causes it slap on the water when refilling which causes the banging noise
2 lack of clips to ur water pipes in hole
3 to much water pressure

Has the problem only just started tapster

Y havnt u phoned me napster

There are 3 different causes of water hammer

1 ballvalve in ur header tank can be sticking which in turn causes it slap on the water when refilling which causes the banging noise
2 lack of clips to ur water pipes in hole
3 to much water pressure

Has the problem only just started tapster

had it a while tony but its got worse just lately, i think i tracked it down to a stop tap on header tank, but not 100% sure

Water hammer, change the washer in the hot water tap napster and if that dosen,t cure it then ball valve.

the hot tape is new only been fitted a month it a new single mixer tap, bit like one in picture but mine is fixed to bath not wall.

Last edited:
hiya napster, is your cold water supply to mixer tap mains pressure or is it gravity fed from cold water tank. As you have a mixer tap with shower attachment should be gravity fed as will give equal pressure between hot & cold

Also a very good chance stop cock to your ball valve is the problem.

Change it for a Ball lever valve or slotted isolation valve.

sure this problem was the same as mine and it was the ball cock in cold water header tank. if i turned the filler so when water water coming out it was hitting the ball cock lever the problem stopped, ended changing the ball cock assy though.

the hot tape is new only been fitted a month it a new single mixer tap, bit like one in picture but mine is fixed to bath not wall.

Mart get them back who fitted it and check that the stop tap is the right way round there should be an arrow on stoptap for direction of flow check that

Mart get them back who fitted it and check that the stop tap is the right way round there should be an arrow on stop tap for direction of flow check that

they are due back m8, bit of a snagging list so i will get it sorted then, i did notice last night they had turned my main stop top on full, i turned it down a little and its been quiet so far but bath time tonight i will know.

what i NIGHTMARE but i have tracked it down to 2 items

1, stop tap on header tank
2, ball valve on tank itself

hopefully he will change both for me

got yorkie popping round Friday to sort it (top bloke)

thanks for all the pointers chaps :) brooksy remind him please because he will forget :)

what i NIGHTMARE but i have tracked it down to 2 items

1, stop tap on header tank
2, ball valve on tank itself

hopefully he will change both for me

got yorkie popping round Friday to sort it (top bloke)

thanks for all the pointers chaps :) brooksy remind him please because he will forget :)

Ok mart i will put it in me diary lol

Could be:-

Loose/faulty jumper(the bit that a tap washer fits to)on the bath tap,the stopcock or the ball valve
If there is a check valve(non-return valve) in line it could be at fault
Anything else thats been mentioned!!
Sure ya m8 Brooksy will sort ya

Back