Sensible Topic PLUMBERS - Cheapest Place to Purchase a 24Kw Boiler ??

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Looking to purchase a 24Kw Boiler, i usually have Baxi's fitted but they seem STUPID money !!

Do not want a Ferroli or Worchester/Bosch.....Been hearing good things's about IDEAL...

Any Plumbers out there advise ??

Cheers

I used Which when getting new boilers a few years ago & our gas safe guy's recommendations, ended up with Glow Worm - they've not skipped a beat in 6 years.... (so far) - not been hammered though, hhmm, got to get another one or maybe two shortly, will be sticking with them but I'm sure there's better at the same price.

Google mr central heating,One of the biggest plumbing discount suppliers in the uk and service is great

If you are fitting a boiler, consider getting the flue clear of the roof like Victorians did with chimneys & not just sticking it out of the nearest wall or short flue on a vented pitched roof.

The minimum regs for flue positions here are garbage, it isn't just steam & CO2 & maybe a bit of CO[1]- it's NOX that's the bad stuff & not clever long term to walk into or be so easily pulled into a property through windows /vents & [vented] roofs etc..
It was NOX condensate that melted the early condensating boiler's ali copper & even some SS heat exchangers & I know someone who used 22mm copper for the condensate line. it lasted about 6 months before it melted through- if it melts metal . Old, pre condensating boilers are the worst, oddly the condensating side effect of the higher efficiency also condensates a lot more of the NOX, just make sure the condensate line goes past a trap outside - not just to a grid & not into an internal waste pipe trap either.

If you are fitting a boiler, consider getting the flue clear of the roof like Victorians did with chimneys & not just sticking it out of the nearest wall or short flue on a vented pitched roof.

The minimum regs for flue positions here are garbage, it isn't just steam & CO2 & maybe a bit of CO[1]- it's NOX that's the bad stuff & not clever long term to walk into or be so easily pulled into a property through windows /vents & [vented] roofs etc..
It was NOX condensate that melted the early condensating boiler's ali copper & even some SS heat exchangers & I know someone who used 22mm copper for the condensate line. it lasted about 6 months before it melted through- if it melts metal . Old, pre condensating boilers are the worst, oddly the condensating side effect of the higher efficiency also condensates a lot more of the NOX, just make sure the condensate line goes past a trap outside - not just to a grid & not into an internal waste pipe trap either.

It already is mate, it's an upstairs flat and i just had £20k work done on it via a Grant (i own the downstairs flat as well)...So had a new roof, stack removed, re-rendered, new flat roof, new Flue, the Gas Cert is only a few months old !!! The previous tenant has removed the cover and a COMMON fault on these boilers is that water escapes from the secondary Heat Exchanger pipes (4 off), terrible design and held in place with clips ..It is less than 10 years old has has the condensate done correctly...

It is tripping the MCB or RCD, still not been there, that's a GOOD thing as i presume, it's water somewhere is RCD or Pump, Fan if MCB, i the boiuler in the downstairs flat is the same and i had to replace the fan on that, BUT that was blowing a quick blow fuse on PCB...Cheers

I can do you a ideal exclusive 30kw boiler flue and clock for 495+vat if your prepared to travel to Wales

I'm based in Port Talbot mate !!! That one hell of an output !!!

a COMMON fault on these boilers is that water escapes from the secondary Heat Exchanger pipes (4 off), terrible design and held in place with clips

What make/ model's that

It is tripping the MCB or RCD, still not been there, that's a GOOD thing as i presume, it's water somewhere is RCD or Pump, Fan if MCB, i the boiler in the downstairs flat is the same and i had to replace the fan on that, BUT that was blowing a quick blow fuse on PCB...Cheers

I can remember having British Gas out to a Halstead Q Gold boiler I couldn't trace & our gas fitter was away, it might not have seemed cheap initially, but they were good, they went through everything & had a massive parts resource to easily swap boards etc. & knowledge resource & the head area guy stepped in when the young fitter who came 1st couldn't fix it. & eventually tracked an odd design fault down with that particular model- well, worth a thought if you can't trace that fault- .

What make/ model's that

I can remember having British Gas out to a Halstead Q Gold boiler I couldn't trace & our gas fitter was away, it might not have seemed cheap initially, but they were good, they went through everything & had a massive parts resource to easily swap boards etc. & knowledge resource & the head area guy stepped in when the young fitter who came 1st couldn't fix it. & eventually tracked an odd design fault down with that particular model- well, worth a thought if you can't trace that fault- .

It's a Ferroli Domicondens F24b mate, i've worked on fault finding in Industry for YEARS, so hopefully i can repair it....Just hate Ferroli's !!

Back