plugging in dbox to pc tv tuner card

sektor_1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok, guys, need some help

I want to watch tv via the dbox on my pc, and dont want to go through all the crap about downloading loadsa programmes and stuff (newbie here)

SO

I bought myself a pc tv tuner card Compro VideoMate DVB-T300 from cclonline.co.uk

When I plug everything in, the card picks up SOME channels like bbc 1 bbc2 channel4 as SEPERATE channels, but nothing else.

Correct me if I am wrong but shouldnt it just pick up ONE channel, which I can change using the dbox remote and the channel should change on the pc.

Currently if I change channel from bbc1 to bbc2 on the dbox the channel does not change on the pc.

Have I bought a naff tv tuner card? thing is card was about 55 quid?

Anyway, ANY help is greatly appreciated guys.

Thanks in advance.

P.S Im using winxp all up to date.

You get only the untouched plain cable signal via the rf output of a dbox. The rf output its only a loop through.
If your tuner can handle a analogue signal you can watch the analogue channels which are included in that whole cable signal.
If you want to watch the dbox output you need a scart to video/audio cinch adapter, presumed your card offer such inputs.
A other possibilty is to connect a video recorder to the vcr scart of the box and use the rf output of that recorder and the arial input of the card.

Last edited:
thanks for that :) made sense.

Right, ok, where do I get a scart to video/audio cinch adapter, you got a picture of it somewhere so I can see what it looks like?

All you need is the latest Image from here with at least YWeb (Webinterface 1.36) and you then download VLC (www.videolan.org) and you install VLC with the ACTIVEX Plugin and you can watch TV and change channels from your Webbrowser.

Back