plug and play sim for 4001 boxes

Nope m8. You will have to do a mod on the board and a small mod on the jumper first (Use the search for images). Then replace sim, power up. Centre position of swith is your IRD. If the LED is lit =1 if not = 0 Translate this with wincalc. Same method for position 1 which = the first part of the BK position 2 = 2nd part of your BK.

Ooh just read the other thread. Didn't realise that there seemed to be a solderless one out now. Thought you was referring to the previous

colinmunnelly said:
Nope m8. You will have to do a mod on the board and a small mod on the jumper first (Use the search for images). Then replace sim, power up. Centre position of swith is your IRD. If the LED is lit =1 if not = 0 Translate this with wincalc. Same method for position 1 which = the first part of the BK position 2 = 2nd part of your BK.

Ooh just read the other thread. Didn't realise that there seemed to be a solderless one out now. Thought you was referring to the previous

please use caution when giving info - the latest plug and play ledsimm requires no board mods - thats why it is called plug and play.

dragon25slayer said:
i have juse got one of these today is there any body who could help me get my box key and ird now. for ex do i just pop it in and turn power on and thats it plz help!!

http://www.tailor-madecircuits.com/led_simm_plug_and_play.htm
Hi mate
Why dont u just remove ur sim and plug it in
Box off of cause then switchit on
It can at worse only go BANG
but u will prob get a few lights on simm
Check out led sim guide for what the lights mean
And dont foget the switch
:Cheers: :Cheers:

Remove simm replace with plug and play simm. Power on read leds from right to left. If on then 1 if off then 0. Convert the digits from bin to hex. Switch postion 1 will give you first 8 digits of the bk and postion 2 will give you the last 8 bk. You will not be able to get the ird but you do not really need that.

tmc

Recieved my plug and play led simm from TMC today and i would like to say what a fantastic piece of kit this is, very easy to to get your BK off your box without no soldering to be done, just plug and play, takes 2 secs. Love it!!!
I would recommend this to everyone.

Thanks TMC

DAZ....

tmc said:
Remove simm replace with plug and play simm. Power on read leds from right to left. If on then 1 if off then 0. Convert the digits from bin to hex. Switch postion 1 will give you first 8 digits of the bk and postion 2 will give you the last 8 bk. You will not be able to get the ird but you do not really need that.

tmc

because you can get it from the eng menu even if the box is a clone.

thank god for that bin trying 4 ages to get ird on middle position with no avail and now u say you can only get bk yippee by the way do i read left to right or right to left for bk cheers

is it possible to modify the old simms to make them plug and play?

h-magic said:
is it possible to modify the old simms to make them plug and play?

Yes m8, it's called the voltmeter method ..... but i'd stick to the TMC version ...

tmc said:

tmc

do the plug and play simm work on 1000 and 4000 boxes

Question answered

ramraider said:
do the plug and play simm work on 1000 and 4000 boxes

Question answered

wont be no good 4 a 4000 mate..... :) just boxies with simm like 1000 and 4001

@tmc.. nice looking bit a kit mate ...:)

infact well nice

hi.how do you convert the bin to hex does it come with a tut like the old one does or do you need to download something

basher said:
hi.how do you convert the bin to hex does it come with a tut like the old one does or do you need to download something

Use the windows calculator in scientific mode> check the bin button on> enter binary as it comes off the ledsimms (01100010001010 etc.) and then check the hex button> all will be revealed ......

Led Simm Mate

This is a very handy tool for converting your binary numbers to hex to get your BK

Back