pls help im going crazyyy

gordy11

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all
ive been trying to setup my nokia dbox2 with neutrino ,for 4 days now can anyone help me ive downloaded tutorial for my box but i cant get to grip with connecting dbox to pc is there any cable diagrams pls m8tys
do i connect dbox up 2 comp using the rs232 connection on back of dbox or is it ethernet ?
and which connection on computer do you connect it to ?
help please i know im thick but give a newbie a bit of help guys and gals
also are ther any bouqets for lincoln uk
gordy11

OK, you connect the dbox to your PC via the ethernet cable - not the RS232. The rs232 wont do anything unless you're using IFA... and even then you STILL need the ethernet cable.

The ethernet cable goes into the ethernet port on the back of the dbox, and goes into the "network", "lan" or "ethernet" port on your PC.

Thats pretty basic stuff.
If you dont' have the port on your PC then you need to buy a PCI card to put inside your machine, or a USB to Ethernet adapter.

mate,

use ethernet cable. not "cat 5" but use crossover cable and you are sorted. as liam said, its preety easy stuff. I asked my nephew who is 8 years old, to flash the box and he did it using the manual on the forum.

just search in download section. everything is there, now you need to dig out what you need.

cheers

also turn of all firewall and virus checkers.
give your PC an random IP address like (192.168.0.5; netmask 255.255.255.0; gatway 192.168.0.5, no dns servers) i think it will no work if you leave ur IP on DHCP (automatic). remember to change it back once ur done ur u will probably have no internet
u only need the cross over network cable, null modem is bonus to have.

it would be nice

thanks for replying
if you could tell me where to look it would be thumbs up also is my computer
going to autodetect dbox cos when i connected mine up didnt see nything
gordy11

gordy11 said:
thanks for replying
if you could tell me where to look it would be thumbs up also is my computer
going to autodetect dbox cos when i connected mine up didnt see nything
gordy11
1) have you got a cross over network cable? no? go buy one, maplins and co do it ...
2) have you got a network card (not usb, not modem) looks like a phone socket just a bit wider? no? go buy a network card ...
3) download the IFA and an image (that fits to ur box i.e. 2x or 1x chip)
4) install IFA ...
5) setup ur network card, give it an IP (192.168.0.5; netmask 255.255.255.0, gatway 192.168.0.5)
6) plug in ur cross over cable into dbox and pc (do not plug the power into ur dbox)
7) start IFA set it up (i.e laod image; select network card, select yes no to null modem cable (no))
8) press start
9) read box ...
10) press ok
11) plug in dbox power.
12) .. flashing should start automaticaly .. (check the dbox LCD screen should say somethign about Flashing on it) ..

this should do it in most cases ..

thanks very much cooltool going to try what you told me tomorrow but now
im going for a valium sandwich
thanks again
gordy11

hehe have fun .. the flashing part is not hard .. is ur dbox in debug mode?

cheers m8

yes it is in debug anything else u can help me with
eg i have subscribed to basic n#l pack do i put their card in or do i have to get
smart card
got D-boxIFAEngMod190 is this ok
ive got broadband connected tu comp with ethernet cable and bought second network card but cant configure them both to work at same time
got crossover cable ethernet to ethernet thats correct isnt it
its a bgggger in it

tks
gordy11

gordy11, dont worry about a card m8 - the dbox does not use a card :)

gordy11 said:
yes it is in debug anything else u can help me with
eg i have subscribed to basic n#l pack do i put their card in or do i have to get
smart card
got D-boxIFAEngMod190 is this ok
ive got broadband connected tu comp with ethernet cable and bought second network card but cant configure them both to work at same time
got crossover cable ethernet to ethernet thats correct isnt it
its a bgggger in it
tks
gordy11
U dont need the 2nd nic (network card), use the one you got. yes you can use both cards at the same time.
click Start -> Connect to -> Show all connections
in there you should have 2 local area connections (once you fitted the 2nd card) .. click on the new one and configure it as i said befor (right click .. properties -> tcp/ip protocol properties)
the ntl package you have does not matter, as long as you got the cable coming into ur place you should be fine.

gordy11 said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi cooltool pleased ur online
i have a separate broadband line connection all i want to now mate is ive got sporster and ifa on harddrive can i flash it from there things im not sure about is where this blummin ethernet to ethernet cable connects to on pc or cable modem outlet and is there a bouquet for lincoln

tks m8
hope to hear from yu appeciate it
I think this belongs in ur thread ...
ok ..
you got a broadband modem via cable which connects to a port on ur pc (usb or ethernet).
The cross over cable goes into the network port on your pc, if you added the new nic us that one. if you havent use the old one. just have a look the plug only fits into the "right" socket .. (well dont use force ;)

once that is done you will need to change the IP on you network card so that the IFA tool can work ..
... you will also need to change the Speed of your network card to 10mbit FD most likley ...
1st sort out that the dbox is linked to the pc via the cross over cable .. than try to flash ..

have a read in the pdfs there are lot of screen shots in them for how it needs to be setup ..

hi cooltool
ive been reading liams guide but i couldnt find at what point to plug my n#l stb cable in to dboX2
so i disconnect my cable from my cable modem which is ethernet enabled
and plug the crossover cable from dbox2 to my disconnected ethernet network card in pc
then i presume ill be able to ftp through dbox2 am i right
i am sorry for pestering you but im doing my best
thanks again cooltool

ok,
you will need to check the setting of you network card.
(give it an IP as i said before) .. in the properties of your local area connection
than you start the IFA follow the steps there.
you can leave the Xover cable connect all time, just the power plug of the dbox should be disconected till IFA tells you to connect it.

get the IP sorted on ur NIC now ..
you should see your NIC stating that there is no cable connection if you dbox is unplug (from power) .. plug it in and see if you get a "connected" in ur local area lan ..

dear cooltool
thanks for reply but do i plug ethernet crossover cable in to my network card
if not where plsss

yes .. Dbox2 <-> PC
via Cross over network cable.
DBox2 ethernet port <-> PC ethernet port (NOT CABLE MODEM).
You can leave this cable connected all the time ..

hi cooltool made a bit of progress i used dbox command and flashed sporster on box but when it said in tut go down to service menu i found that but not the software update option not on screen ? any ideas thanks m8

so u got a working dbox now? .. not sure what u mean with software update?

Back